Dedrick Mills dismissed

Attachments

• csi_miami_cancelled1.jpg
    csi_miami_cancelled1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 20
Heard a rumor today that Mills might transfer to Georgia Southern.
there's a fair amount of, um, leaf there for the asking in Statesboro.
So I've been told.

Not bringing any judgement. Did he get popped for weed or other stuff? Sorry I'm late to the party here over the last week.

Not bringing any judgement. Did he get popped for weed or other stuff? Sorry I'm late to the party here over the last week.

We don't know, but weed fits all the statements (GTAA policy, not a team issue, not a legal issue, etc.) and the dismissal. It seems the most probable reason, but again we don't know.

We don't know, but weed fits all the statements (GTAA policy, not a team issue, not a legal issue, etc.) and the dismissal. It seems the most probable reason, but again we don't know.

Which also confirms that the first two times he got suspended wasn't weed related.

Which also confirms that the first two times he got suspended wasn't weed related.

I think he said it wasn't a legal issue because he wasn't arrested. That doesn't mean that the behavior which led to the suspension wasn't illegal.

We need to figure out what he did. Even if it was something he knew was wrong and did anyway, we need to get a law passed to protect him from himself then keep him on the team.

/ gurley big cry signature

Cpj said the first was sleeping through a meeting. I don't have the link, but it was in an interview and an ajc article iirc.

Cpj said the first was sleeping through a meeting. I don't have the link, but it was in an interview and an ajc article iirc.

There was likely a combination of team rules violations AND the GTAA rules violations. I seem to recall his first violation was skipping a practice or meeting on Labor Day because he thought that they had that day off.

Gotta enforce the rules. Just makes me wish he could earn his spot back next year.

There was likely a combination of team rules violations AND the GTAA rules violations. I seem to recall his first violation was skipping a practice or meeting on Labor Day because he thought that they had that day off.

My guess is the team rules violations were unrelated and he had three failed drug tests. PJ's not going to let missing a practice as a freshman be a strike against him that gets him kicked off the team

My guess is the team rules violations were unrelated and he had three failed drug tests. PJ's not going to let missing a practice as a freshman be a strike against him that gets him kicked off the team

This is my assumption as well.

I think Marshall was definitely a better home run threat, and by the end of last year just as tough of a runner.

However, he got beat out of his spot because a freshman hustled so much harder during practice and blocked better. Marshall never bowed up enough to get his spot back. I have heard that he didn't particularly like the offense and wanted to be "the man" somewhere else.

Does he maybe stay if CPJ leaves him as the starter despite Mills noticeably superior performance in practice? Maybe.

Marshall definitely had blocking problems, and if you don't want to block it's hard to play. His options were to work harder and get better or leave and he chose the later. It happens all the time in college football these days.

Back