College football's financial woes

But a kid in the late 70's would prefer the new hotness. That was the Trans Am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was a kid in the 70's. HS from 80-84. Had a 1970 Chevelle Malibu. Sweet ride. Just a 307 4BBL. Sold it to have cash to upgrade to a 70 Chevelle SS454 - had a deal worked out. You could still find real SS's fairly cheap back then, especially the 396 cars. Guy backed out when I called him and said I had the money ready. My 1970 was gone. Ended up buying and trading around until I ended up with my 1978 Spitfire, a car I absolutely loved. Of course, the SS454 appreciated in value like a rocket. Spitfires are still low price cars.

You are right though. Muscle cars were plentiful in the parking lot in HS. Cudas, Chevelles, Mustangs, Camaros, El Caminos, Road Runners, Cutlasses.... Most guys would have preferred a 79 Trans Am over a 69 Camaro SS. We were so young and so stupid.

I was a kid in the 70's. HS from 80-84. Had a 1970 Chevelle Malibu. Sweet ride. Just a 307 4BBL. Sold it to have cash to upgrade to a 70 Chevelle SS454 - had a deal worked out. You could still find real SS's fairly cheap back then, especially the 396 cars. Guy backed out when I called him and said I had the money ready. My 1970 was gone. Ended up buying and trading around until I ended up with my 1978 Spitfire, a car I absolutely loved. Of course, the SS454 appreciated in value like a rocket. Spitfires are still low price cars.

You are right though. Muscle cars were plentiful in the parking lot in HS. Cudas, Chevelles, Mustangs, Camaros, El Caminos, Road Runners, Cutlasses.... Most guys would have preferred a 79 Trans Am over a 69 Camaro SS. We were so young and so stupid.
LOL at first album sentence. Truth

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back