2024 Transfer Portal

Up to 2. He played in 2020 at Iowa Western.

Both rivals and 247 reporting that it’s 1 year from what I’ve seen. But based on what I’m reading he played 3 seasons in 4 years (1 JuCo, 1 RS, 2 PSU) which should leave 1 normal plus 1 covid year. That’s my confusion.

Seems to be a lot of debate whether he has 1 or 2 years remaining.

In this interview with Bryce Koon, Mr. van der Berg says,

“I think I fit in perfectly and there’s an opportunity for me to come in an help right away,” Van den Burg said. “I’ll enroll this summer and still have two years left to play, so for me it’s all about just getting in and doing the right thing.”

In a story that is only the beginning of much more nonsense. Just wait until kids of semesters realize they can transfer to schools on quarters. They’ll be able to transfer before week 3-4 and be eligible for a new school.

Former 5* OL Proctor leaves Bama for Iowa in January, only to announce a transfer BACK to Alabama without even going through Spring practice at Iowa.

In a story that is only the beginning of much more nonsense. Just wait until kids of semesters realize they can transfer to schools on quarters. They’ll be able to transfer before week 3-4 and be eligible for a new school.

Former 5* OL Proctor leaves Bama for Iowa in January, only to announce a transfer BACK to Alabama without even going through Spring practice at Iowa.

According to the rules he's supposed to sit out a year if he transfers again, right? Or did that get changed? Hawkeye fans are pissed. They were encouraged to pony up for NIL to sign him. Many did.

One winter in Iowa City was probably enough to get him to go back to the booming metropolis of Tuscaloosa

Hawkeye fans are pissed. They were encouraged to pony up for NIL to sign him. Many did.

Just another reason why I’m not giving any NIL money. I’ll give money to make sure these dudes have scholarships and housing and food, but it’s not my job to pay some post-adolescent narcissist to play football for my school. If I’m the reason the team’s not any good, then so be it - I’d rather spend that money enriching my own life than enriching some random player for very little return.

JRjr

Just another reason why I’m not giving any NIL money. I’ll give money to make sure these dudes have scholarships and housing and food, but it’s not my job to pay some post-adolescent narcissist to play football for my school. If I’m the reason the team’s not any good, then so be it - I’d rather spend that money enriching my own life than enriching some random player for very little return.

JRjr
Yetman?

According to the rules he's supposed to sit out a year if he transfers again, right? Or did that get changed? Hawkeye fans are pissed. They were encouraged to pony up for NIL to sign him. Many did.
Nope. Pretty much there are no more rules regarding having to sit out. Plus, there was a coaching change at Bama, etc.

One winter in Iowa City was probably enough to get him to go back to the booming metropolis of Tuscaloosa
Guy grew up in Iowa. So this is the 2nd time he’s screwed Iowa for Bama. He was a longtime Iowa commit out of HS and then flipped to Bama around NSD.

May have been true in the 90's but winter in the US is just like a few weeks now most places

They film all the snowy Christmas Hallmark movies in Canada

Back