2024 Transfer Portal

Aristotle taught that humans have 5 senses so is the scouting report wanted to brag on him they should have reported a sixth sense.
He has six senses but his sense for the ball outranks his sense of touch so it ranks 5th. That actually is an even brag - he has it AND it outranks a regular one!

As pointed out below, he’s a walk-on like he was at Michigan. What I meant by a position of need is, right now only Seither has shown much at the P5 / P4 level. Goede was a 4* prospect, but hasn’t done much at uga, Mississippi State.

The TE cupboard has numbers for sure. Hopefully it translates into a solid rotation both in the blocking and passing game.
Like the man said, don't confuse numbers for depth.

reserve db Khari Gee entered portal....
GT TE Dylan Leonard signed as UDFA with Broncos (wasn't sure where to put this)

Former UNC commit and current Illinois player.

our 3rd transfer db
3star Zack Tobe 6'2 180 from Ocoee, Fl
Welcome to Atlanta!

The guys who transfer immediately after transferring seem like a red flag to me. Some of them all before their freshman season is over.

This is the new normal and with GT being in the Atlanta it’s the best change to come along in our history for athletics. We will now be an option for every player who may want to be closer to home. I hope the portal stays forever. As for guys transferring being a red flag I don’t see it that way. I see it as guys learning from previous mistakes. Ole Miss has to pay big bucks to get portal guys. We just have to dangle momma’s home cooking and 20 family members attending every game. Sure, we aren’t going to pay to get the studs to come here but the portal can get us to a roster of 4 stars quite easily just to the “being home” factor.

I have always wondered why anyone would play football in tornado alley. Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, all those Midwest type states. GTFO of there.
Lots of suitcases of cash left at momma's house or grandmama's house back in the day after a coach's visit. Or keys to a new truck for daddy or grandaddy.

This is the new normal and with GT being in the Atlanta it’s the best change to come along in our history for athletics. We will now be an option for every player who may want to be closer to home. I hope the portal stays forever. As for guys transferring being a red flag I don’t see it that way. I see it as guys learning from previous mistakes. Ole Miss has to pay big bucks to get portal guys. We just have to dangle momma’s home cooking and 20 family members attending every game. Sure, we aren’t going to pay to get the studs to come here but the portal can get us to a roster of 4 stars quite easily just to the “being home” factor.
Why would Ole Miss have more available NIL funds than Tech?

This is the new normal and with GT being in the Atlanta it’s the best change to come along in our history for athletics. We will now be an option for every player who may want to be closer to home. I hope the portal stays forever. As for guys transferring being a red flag I don’t see it that way. I see
it as guys learning from previous mistakes. Ole Miss has to pay big bucks to get portal guys. We just have to dangle momma’s home cooking and 20 family members attending every game. Sure, we aren’t going to pay to get the studs to come here but the portal can get us to a roster of 4 stars quite easily just to the “being home” factor.
Cold hard cash is hard to beat. Lots of it is even harder to beat.
thanks to being in the ATL, we probably do stand to get some good players who are looking to be closer to home. But if it comes between several fat checks and playing at home, it's still an uphill fight. Even momma may not want her little boy to turn down the $.
If they're 4 stars, they're thinking NFL and they're thinking NIL first. That's the new landscape for 4 stars.

Cuz they have nothing else to spend it on.
This. I was offered a job in Mississippi years ago and they appealed to me with "there's nothing here but wilderness and everything is cheap".

Damn, I know it was 30 years ago, but it was a öööö hole.

Back