What's with D'allasandris & not getting OL recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
What\'s with D\'allasandris & not getting OL recruits?

Does he have a bad rep as a OL Position Coach? Does he have a bad personality? Can't relate to 18 yr olds? Just doesn't recruit well? What? What happened with McHargue only being here a yr?
Folks, something is haywire with our recruitment of OL talent. It has really, really fallen off.

Re: What\'s with D\'allasandris & not getting OL recruits?

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Does he have a bad rep as a OL Position Coach? Does he have a bad personality? Can't relate to 18 yr olds? Just doesn't recruit well? What? What happened with McHargue only being here a yr?
Folks, something is haywire with our recruitment of OL talent. It has really, really fallen off.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They can kick me off StingTalk as far as I'm concerned.

What's going on with you posting this crap!

Coach A's Personality is fine. He's put a lot of college players in the NFL....I'd take that as though he communicates well and can teach....which means he can relate.

We're right in the hight of recruiting. You should have some more imput to help the effort.

Oh yeah!!! I forgot!!! The net doesn't have impact on recruiting. What we say means nothing. Keep on!!

puke.gif

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GT Ace:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They can kick me off StingTalk as far as I'm concerned.

What's going on with you posting this crap!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll second that and if they kick you off, I'm leaving. This is getting OLD.

I will THIRD that!!!! This has been a lot more CIVIL board since the moderators intervened a couple of days ago. And really been a pleasant place... ..Now this is the ONLY bad post since!!!! Right in the middle of recruiting for ALL to see.......an INTENTIONAL SLAM of one of our coaches right in the middle of Recruiting....Should NOT be tolerated!!!!

Originally posted by GT Ace:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">While I think you bring up a legitimate concern, I think you made a very untactful post. The quality recruiting of our offesnive line concerns me too. I assume that Anyaibe (sp?) was recruited to play guard. Dont know. We need a lot of OLs, and we're just flat out NOT getting them. When OL recruits out there are thinking between Youngstown State and GT, I've got to wonder what's up. After next year when we lose half of our OLine, we're going to be in deep shiite if we cannot get some OLineman. Look for us to bring in transfers or 1-AA players to fill the position. UGA gets 6 lineman a year. We haven't gotten 6 in the last 3 years. IT IS A SERIOUS CONCERN!

Who is "D'allasandris"??? It's D'Alessandris. Your argument is rather weak when you fail to correctly spell the name of the individual you're criticizing.

Originally posted by UpWithTheWhiteAndGold:
Who is "D'allasandris"??? It's D'Alessandris. Your argument is rather weak when you fail to correctly spell the name of the individual you're criticizing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, it's Coach D'Alessandris.

One thing that gets me is, here we are late in the recruiting process and only seem to be looking at a handful of Lineman. Fred Roland according to the recruiting networks was never offered by GT. He camped at GT, liked GT a lot, obviously has the grades since he is committed to Duke.... yet here we are, don't have the OLineman #'s like we should and never offered Roland. What the hell is that all about?

This reminds me of the RB from Lovejoy last year that we never offered because we already had 1 RB committed and he really wanted to come to Tech? Who ever said you only have to take 1 RB in a year, especially when that was a major need for us going into last year? I don't get some of the strategies this coaching staff is employing when it comes to recruiting certain positions.

What are we planning on doing, beefing up the WR's to play Tackle?

I'm with BOR on this one

Reasonable topic - and a big concern of mine. Bad approach.

This is pathetic. We have two O-lineman (yes that one will be ol not dt) and plenty of time left. We will land two more...making 4 and that is plenty. You people need to shut the hell up. Wait until the end to complain if need be...what purpose does it serve to complain with 2 damn months left of recruiting? Just like in sports let the damn thing play itself out. Its crap like this that has made me cut much of my posting on this board. Frankly I am tired of reading this sh__.
mad.gif
mad.gif

33Jacket...

Im with you on this OL thing...Heck we got 2 months left and we WILL sign 3 to 4 Olineman and WILL move some players i.e. Matthews over to the OL..So i dont think we need to worry...

Question for you. If you think we have a problem recruiting OLs, why would you think it's the OL coach? Coaches each have an area to recruit and the HC makes the offers. I don't really know anything about coach D'A, but he's not the guy responsible for getting OL commits to my knowledge.

If you guys think the post is inappropriate, then report it. The moderators do not have time to look at every post, so those which seem out of line to a poster should be reported.

At the bottom of each post is the report option. All you need do is click on it for the post concerned and report your reason to the moderator.

They will then determine if it is offensive to recruiting or any other aspect of the program.

You will probably never know if any action has been taken, because the moderator may send a notice to the individual and warn them of inappropriate posts. They will not advertise the action taken.

If enough posters complain about a given post, it will probably get some attention.

In some respects this is good, because we help to keep the board policed by all instead of a few.

I believe we are to take any negative posts regarding the coaches to the "Other" category at this particular time.

Father Time

If you will go back and check recruits signed each year you will find the following:

1999 - 3 recruits listed as Offensive Line.

2000 - 3 recruits listed as Offensive line.

2001 - 1 recruit listed as Offensive line. New
coach starting late.

2002 - 4 recruits listed as Offensive line.

2003 - 3 recruits listed as Offensive line.

2004 - 1 recruit listed so far.

This info is readily available on Tech, Hive and Gailey websites. I noticed Hugh O'Reilly was not even listed as offensive line for the year he recruited. Notice that two different head coaches are signing 3-4 a year. Coaches move players around. So there is some kind of problem??
pat.gif

I agree that the original comment / post in this thread was probably not formed in the most tactful manner. But I would be concerned if there is a lack of OL recruits.

I admit that I don't know much about GT recruiting since I am a UGA fan but I felt the need t respond due to recent recruiting problems at UGA.

In Jim Donnan's last 2 recruiting classes, UGA signed only one or two offensive linemen. We are paying for that right now with a Sophomore and Freshman OL. This season the UGA OL gave up more sacks than any other OL in the SEC.

Due to lack of depth and a few injuries, our OL underperformed this past season. We think we have some real talent at OL but it is very green.

I know some don't care about my take on this, but the fact that I am a UGA fan aside, it should be a concern; especially if there is a lack of OL recruiting several years in a row.

First of all..I am not going to comment as to Coach D's OL play from a coaching standpoint since this email is regarding recruiting.

1) We do not recruit players based on position matching position coach...we have not for as long as I can remember. We recruit by geography.

2) Secondly...Coach D recruited David Brown!!! nuf said there.

I won't comment on Coach D as I don't know the guy BUT I do agree with what BOR has just posted. That is what I have been harping on for some time. BOR said it better than me but he is right on.

Originally posted by sfalco:
I agree that the original comment / post in this thread was probably not formed in the most tactful manner. But I would be concerned if there is a lack of OL recruits.

I admit that I don't know much about GT recruiting since I am a UGA fan but I felt the need t respond due to recent recruiting problems at UGA.

In Jim Donnan's last 2 recruiting classes, UGA signed only one or two offensive linemen. We are paying for that right now with a Sophomore and Freshman OL. This season the UGA OL gave up more sacks than any other OL in the SEC.

Due to lack of depth and a few injuries, our OL underperformed this past season. We think we have some real talent at OL but it is very green.

I know some don't care about my take on this, but the fact that I am a UGA fan aside, it should be a concern; especially if there is a lack of OL recruiting several years in a row.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The fact is it's way too early to know if we are lacking in this area or not. I don't care what recruiting sites say.

These fonts don't know who we are recruiting. They're guessing at best.

Your concerns are not ours as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, why are you still here?
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
One thing that gets me is, here we are late in the recruiting process and only seem to be looking at a handful of Lineman. Fred Roland according to the recruiting networks was never offered by GT. He camped at GT, liked GT a lot, obviously has the grades since he is committed to Duke.... yet here we are, don't have the OLineman #'s like we should and never offered Roland. What the hell is that all about?

This reminds me of the RB from Lovejoy last year that we never offered because we already had 1 RB committed and he really wanted to come to Tech? Who ever said you only have to take 1 RB in a year, especially when that was a major need for us going into last year? I don't get some of the strategies this coaching staff is employing when it comes to recruiting certain positions.

What are we planning on doing, beefing up the WR's to play Tackle?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The truth is you don't know any reasons to why regarding Roland.
confused.gif

The fact is it's way too early to know if we are lacking in this area or not. I don't care what recruiting sites say.

These fonts don't know who we are recruiting. They're guessing at best.

Your concerns are not ours as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, why are you still here?

Because I graciously enjoy your company and I am excitedly anticipating your responses with enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back