Uniform tidbit

BB was a Northern latecomer store. Classic Atl places included Spencer's and Muses.
It may have been Muse's. It was the one on Peachtree near Woolworth's, although grandad did have Brook's Brothers suits when we cleaned out his stuff cause they were nice. This would have been the 1970's, he passed in 1983. Grandad was already late 60's/early 70's when I was a kid. He was born in 1904. I was at grandad's almost every weekend and almost all summer long. I still wear his toboggan hat every other year to the home GT / UGAg game - unless it is too warm, then it just goes along for the trip. That toboggan needs another home victory.
If I were his size, I would have kept some of his sweet travelling salesman suits. I still have his Seiko. He dressed sharp to go almost anywhere.

It may have been Muse's. It was the one on Peachtree near Woolworth's, although grandad did have Brook's Brothers suits when we cleaned out his stuff cause they were nice. This would have been the 1970's, he passed in 1983. Grandad was already late 60's/early 70's when I was a kid. He was born in 1904. I was at grandad's almost every weekend and almost all summer long. I still wear his toboggan hat every other year to the home GT / UGAg game - unless it is too warm, then it just goes along for the trip. That toboggan needs another home victory.
If I were his size, I would have kept some of his sweet travelling salesman suits. I still have his Seiko. He dressed sharp to go almost anywhere.
Your grandad and my dad were almost the same age. My dad was a Spencer's man, in the flatiron building (which did you know is older than the flatiron building in NYC?).

Your grandad and my dad were almost the same age. My dad was a Spencer's man, in the flatiron building (which did you know is older than the flatiron building in NYC?).

so you're JJacket's father?

If it's going to be ugly anyways, it may as well have a respected brand name on it rather than the brand for Walmarts line of sweat pants.

My fear is UA is headed this same direction.

Grandad used to want to ride to Atlanta to "see the buildings". He'd use any excuse to head down to Atlanta. He didn't drive later on, but my grandmother drove around in a 1960-ish Buick stationwagon that they had forever. Grand dad would maintain it every Sunday (battery, check oil, check radiator, clean...). Wagons were uncool then, but I would love to have that car in that condition today.

At bookstore now. If I had to bet money, I'd say we are a UA school and it's not announced. Not only is majority of clothing UA, but there are banners hanging all over bookstore with GT/UA on them.

Also, the gold UA polo is on point.

This has been my exact thinking for two years. UA has had a large selection of GT items for a couple of years now. Has made me think that UA has been trying to impress GT with its offerings.

At bookstore now. If I had to bet money, I'd say we are a UA school and it's not announced. Not only is majority of clothing UA, but there are banners hanging all over bookstore with GT/UA on them.

Also, the gold UA polo is on point.
Am I the only one that really likes ND's shade of UA gold unis?

sheldon-day-nick-martin-joe-schmidt-ncaa-football-notre-dame-pittsburgh-1-590x900.jpg

Bonzie.jpg

This has been my exact thinking for two years. UA has had a large selection of GT items for a couple of years now. Has made me think that UA has been trying to impress GT with its offerings.
Isn't it more likely it just means the buyer for the bookstore prefers UA?

There are official looking banners hanging between windows and another hanging in middle of the bookstore that have the GT and UA logos on them. It's the only brand advertised like that. All of the Russell signs are gone (they used to be on the racks with Russell stuff) and the Russell stuff has been moved to clearance racks or otherwise out of sight. UA stuff now accounts for probably 70% of clothing options. The other stuff is the Champion hoodies, some Columbia stuff, Peter Millar rack, and the assorted brands of T shirts.

There are official looking banners hanging between windows and another hanging in middle of the bookstore that have the GT and UA logos on them. It's the only brand advertised like that. All of the Russell signs are gone (they used to be on the racks with Russell stuff) and the Russell stuff has been moved to clearance racks or otherwise out of sight. UA stuff now accounts for probably 70% of clothing options. The other stuff is the Champion hoodies, some Columbia stuff, Peter Millar rack, and the assorted brands of T shirts.
I got no objection to UA being our future partner... but I'm wary of reading too much into the merchandising options at the B&N. "Official looking banners" are happily supplied by UA to any retailer that'll take them, I think. I've litigated merchandising cases, and the process by which those decisions are made is fascinating... but often a lot more granular than the theories here require.

Hey, could be true.

I got no objection to UA being our future partner... but I'm wary of reading too much into the merchandising options at the B&N. "Official looking banners" are happily supplied by UA to any retailer that'll take them, I think. I've litigated merchandising cases, and the process by which those decisions are made is fascinating... but often a lot more granular than the theories here require.

Hey, could be true.
I don't disagree with you. I will say this though- if it's not UA, there are a hell of a lot of clothes and signs that will need to be cleared from the bookstore.

I don't disagree with you. I will say this though- if it's not UA, there are a hell of a lot of clothes and signs that will need to be cleared from the bookstore.
I guess so, though I'm not sure if the contract between GT and its new apparel partner would reach down that far. I'm mean, we've had UA and Nike and other manufacturers making and promoting GT-branded apparel throughout the time with Russell. And there are surely agreements with the operators of the bookstore that specify who has control over merchandising — it might not be controlled by the GTAA's apparel contract.

But it is fun to speculate!

Am I the only one that really likes ND's shade of UA gold unis?

sheldon-day-nick-martin-joe-schmidt-ncaa-football-notre-dame-pittsburgh-1-590x900.jpg

Bonzie.jpg
No, I think they're OK. I really liked the helmets when they came out... but I think we'd be too obviously imitating them to switch to that now. More than anything, I just want to see us develop a good look with the right basic elements (gold pants, white jerseys, gold helmets) — and then stick to it.

I hate the annual uniform lottery... will they be good? will they suck? will we have to talk about it ad nauseam? Get something classy and develop that 'look' as part of your 'brand' (to use the AD's favorite phrase).

I hate the annual uniform lottery... will they be good? will they suck? will we have to talk about it ad nauseam? Get something classy and develop that 'look' as part of your 'brand' (to use the AD's favorite phrase).
Agreed. Why deviate from last year's classic look?

Yes, you are likely correct. But I also thought that UA was "trying to impress" GT? But I do agree with you, I am probably just reading more into it than is necessary

Back