So … Will We Be Preseason Top 25 Next Year?

7 wins would be a very good year against next years schedule. It should get us ranked considering that schedule, but it won’t.

7 wins will be disappointing for me. 8 is the floor. I expect a win in Athens. The defense is the rate limiting step.

7 wins would be a very good year against next years schedule. It should get us ranked considering that schedule, but it won’t.

Doubtful.....But I'd prefer it that way to keep our guys hungry with a "prove we belong" mindset. Don't need anything creeping in mentally to take the edge off!

Nope, but win against FSU and see what happens. Unfortunately, Clown’s ‘team’ beat them in the COVID opener and I think that is the last time we have been in others receiving votes since the CPJ era? This would feel a lot more right if it happened under Key.

wut?
.... checks join date.
oh, you sweet child of summer..

Hey this is my alt. I've been here since 2005. I thought people didn't really start complaining until the underperformance the next season.

7 wins will be disappointing for me. 8 is the floor. I expect a win in Athens. The defense is the rate limiting step.
Most people here consider Syracuse, Duke and Georgia State as givens next year. The problem is Duke and Georgia State won their bowl games today, Duke is bringing in a big time QB from Texas and Syracuse is bringing in the QB from Ohio State. Those givens are in reality, pretty much tossups

Most people here consider Syracuse, Duke and Georgia State as givens next year. The problem is Duke and Georgia State won their bowl games today, Duke is bringing in a big time QB from Texas and Syracuse is bringing in the QB from Ohio State. Those givens are in reality, pretty much tossups

With all due respect, Bullshit. If winning a Dec 22-23 bowl some how elevates a team to a toss up with us next season with what we have coming back, then we might as well call Goof back. I expect to march into Athens, put up a fight, and leave with hedges and herpes.

Hey this is my alt. I've been here since 2005. I thought people didn't really start complaining until the underperformance the next season.

1-3 start in 2003 brought the knives out.. he beat 4 nancys to make it look better, then finished the last 4 regular season 1-3 again.. Destroying perennial power Tulsa in the Human Bowl was not enough to alter his future.. I can remember some dude sitting behind me at the games (to this day I think it was BoR), just screaming at Gailey for the entire game every week.. not scoring 30 points except for one time in 2004 did seal the deal though..

Still a very long way to go between now and when camp opens next August. There is a whole Spring to go through along with a Spring Portal. Remember, GT lost 2 on D to the Portal after the Spring game last year.
This just in - last year is not this year

Back