Scholarships?

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
BOR, you really did not answer my question as asked. It is possible, that we researched all of the players we could make offers. If we only get 23 of those recruits to agree to come to Tech, it does not appear in our best interest to offer the other two ships to just anyone in order to fill up the 25.

We could use them for two of the many walk-ons that show they can help us. I would never advocate saving the ships for walk-ons if we had enough qualified recruits (athletically and academically) to fill all the ships.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, my only point in the post was saying that we should have open ships through natural attrition left for the walkons. If you look at last year's roster, I think we had more walkon players than ever before. Don't know how many of these guys were on scholarship, but they weren't recruited. I agree that if we have 25 schollies and at the end we can only get 23 guys that we want to come to Tech, then lets not waste a scholly. BUT, if were not filling these scholarships then that tells me the coaches need to get MORE COVERAGE in recruiting. That's the bottom line. The talent is out there, you just have to sell them. If we cannot find 25 quality players to come to Tech to fill 25 openings, then something is wrong with the way we are doing things.

Bor..I agree with you...But im willing to bet that this will NOT be a problem going forward...Chan said that this year is going a WHOLE lot better ... it is only his 2nd full year at recruiting...There ARE normally more than enough QUALIFIED prospects out there....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
If you want to call someone stupid barrel of rum..Then call Gailey for saying it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Still sour grapes about your opinion on Athens huh!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please stop being so sensitive to every comment that comes across the board...BARREL is correct on the issue...it has been the same since I signed my scolly to play for Louisville in '91.

Back