Sagarin/ESPN Update Week 8

Doesn't FSU have the longest bowl streak? It will be awesome if they do and it ends this season.
They do at 35. VPI second at 24. That öööö stain of a "skool" in athens is 3rd with 20.

Better yet, do we make the playoff after beating Clemson Florida State Louisville Syracuse in the ACC championship game?
I admire your optimism. My only question is which 2 of these 4 teams beats Miami? (a) Virginia (b) Virginia Tech (c) Pittsburgh (d) North Carolina. [assuming that Miami doesn't do, or hasn't done, something that disqualifies them from the ACCCG]

I could see VPI winning against Miami, since they aren't hot garbage. But yea, we ain't making the ACCCG this year.

It's not over 'til it's over, but I've accepted that the ACCCG is not a realistic hope right now. I'd really just be happy with a bowl game within driving range (south of the Mason Dixon and east of the Mississippi) or a win over the dwags.

I admire your optimism. My only question is which 2 of these 4 teams beats Miami? (a) Virginia (b) Virginia Tech (c) Pittsburgh (d) North Carolina. [assuming that Miami doesn't do, or hasn't done, something that disqualifies them from the ACCCG]

If we win out, all we need is for them to have 1 loss to a winning out Virginia or Virginia Tech. Then we'll get a million articles about ACC divisional tie breakers.

Super delayed edit: Just occurred to me this wouldn't work because we haven't played either UVA or VPISU and they both already have a conference loss. Rats.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
In 2012 it seemed impossible to make the ACCCG but we did...at 6-6 and we almost beat FSU

In 2012 it seemed impossible to make the ACCCG but we did...at 6-6 and we almost beat FSU

Yeah, but if the NCAA won't punish UNC for what they did, what is Miami going to have to do to get themselves disqualified? Lockers stuffed with dead hookers?

Hell, even that might not do it.

FSU at #24 with 4 losses, You have to be kidding!
It's not ranked by win loss. It's ranked by how a point spread would be affected.

Fact is, on a neutral field even at 4-2, we would not be favored over Florida State. Or do you disagree?

Plus, it's just math. I almost never agree with it. That's why it's useful.

It's not ranked by win loss. It's ranked by how a point spread would be affected.

Fact is, on a neutral field even at 4-2, we would not be favored over Florida State. Or do you disagree?

Plus, it's just math. I almost never agree with it. That's why it's useful.

While Vegas might not favor us too heavily in that contest, if at all, we would smooshamush FSU if we played next week. Murderbliteration.

While Vegas might not favor us too heavily in that contest, if at all, we would smooshamush FSU if we played next week. Murderbliteration.

I agree. Any tips on how to calculate Murderbliteration would be greatly appreciated.

If I allowed what I really think to affect the number-crunching, I wouldn't have paid attention to all those computer models that said quite clearly, "that hurricane is gonna miss you, bro."

Clemson is gonna be a tough matchup. Both teams are gonna be pretty banged up after that one.

VT is basically a toss up right now IMO.

Defensively, Georgia is gonna be as tough as Clemson. If we hold their run game in check we will win. Gonna have to figure out run defense between now and then.

We’ve handled them (Chubb & Michel) pretty well even in the ‘15 loss.

We have two streaks against Georgia... Chubb hasn’t beaten us yet.
We haven’t beaten them in Atlanta...
One streak will end.

There’s a metric f*ghygf tom of football to be played, particularly for them. Florida may be down offensively, but they are going to beat the schnazzbot out of their line and offense.
South Carolina is a sneaky good team. Likely a win, but another rivalry game, so higher likelihood for injury
Auburn at Jordan-Hare. Auburn is a good team with a nasty defense.

Between those three games, Jake Fromm is going to need to figure out how to pass into a solid Pass defense with regularity, and be timely about it or we may see Eason in our game. As with everything Georgia, we could also see some arrests or suspensions as well...

I agree. Any tips on how to calculate Murderbliteration would be greatly appreciated.

If I allowed what I really think to affect the number-crunching, I wouldn't have paid attention to all those computer models that said quite clearly, "that hurricane is gonna miss you, bro."

For GT it's quite simple to calculate murderbliteration. First you roll three six sided dice, then you drink that number of beers, then you roll three more and drink that number of shots. Then you think about the likely outcome of the game.

For GT it's quite simple to calculate murderbliteration. First you roll three six sided dice, then you drink that number of beers, then you roll three more and drink that number of shots. Then you think about the likely outcome of the game.

No D20?

#18 according to Sagarin predictor
#20 according to ESPN FPI

Remaining schedule (Sagarin, ESPN)
@ Clemson (#6, #4)
@ Virginia (#73, #73)
Virginia Tech (#13, #15)
@ Duke (#50, #44)
Georgia (#5, #8)
Not much change, we are #20 in Sagarin and #22 in ESPN FPI.

Remaining schedule (Sagarin, ESPN)
@ Virginia (#78, #63)
Virginia Tech (#11, #13)
@ Duke (#54, #49)
Georgia (#4, #5)

Back