#18 according to Sagarin predictor
#20 according to ESPN FPI

Remaining schedule (Sagarin, ESPN)
@ Clemson (#6, #4)
@ Virginia (#73, #73)
Virginia Tech (#13, #15)
@ Duke (#50, #44)
Georgia (#5, #8)

I expect the gods will take pity on us, and we'll win one of VPI/Clemson/UGA. Probably VPI.

We should beat UVA and Duke. 7-4, not bad considering what's happened.

I expect the gods will take pity on us, and we'll win one of VPI/Clemson/UGA. Probably VPI.

We should beat UVA and Duke. 7-4, not bad considering what's happened.
You dosing out your normal misery this morning?

Clemson is gonna be a tough matchup. Both teams are gonna be pretty banged up after that one.

VT is basically a toss up right now IMO.

Defensively, Georgia is gonna be as tough as Clemson. If we hold their run game in check we will win. Gonna have to figure out run defense between now and then.

Clemson is gonna be a tough matchup. Both teams are gonna be pretty banged up after that one.

VT is basically a toss up right now IMO.

Defensively, Georgia is gonna be as tough as Clemson. If we hold their run game in check we will win. Gonna have to figure out run defense between now and then.
We'll see how good Georgia is against Auburn and Florida. Until then, I have seen nothing but UGAg playing mediocre teams, and yes, I am aware we both played Tennessee. Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State are horrible teams. Going into this weekend, Missouri was the 125th ranked defense in the country. They have been horrible every single week. UGAg will get beaten by Auburn and GT. Perhaps Florida too.

We'll see how good Georgia is against Auburn and Florida. Until then, I have seen nothing but UGAg playing mediocre teams, and yes, I am aware we both played Tennessee. Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State are horrible teams. Going into this weekend, Missouri was the 125th ranked defense in the country. They have been horrible every single week. UGAg will get beaten by Auburn and GT. Perhaps Florida too.

From a talent & execution standpoint I would rate Georgia's defense on par with Miami. I'd rate their run game better, but their pass game worse. I expect the physicality of the game to be similar overall.

Florida is garbage. Auburn lost to LSU, who isn't very good either. ND might be the best team UGA plays this year, other than us of course.

They very well could be 11-0 when they come to town.

I've got us cracking in at 24 on my poll. Now, my poll is more about point spreads than choosing the best 25 teams, but that's just me.
t25_2.png

LSU is ranked #24

They lost by 30 to Mississippi State and lost to friggin' Troy.

LSU is loaded with talent. It was a matter of time before they got it together and started playing as a team. It appears they have gelled. They might actually put up a fight for a few quarters against Bama this week.

Tennessee is also a talented team; but they have done the opposite of LSU. Since the second half against us, Tennessee has continued to come unglued. UT is in desperate need of a coaching change.

LSU is ranked #24

They lost by 30 to Mississippi State and lost to friggin' Troy.

At first, I assumed this was about the computer rankings. For computer rankings, it's definitely defensible that LSU is in top 30. A lot of rankings still had LSU high after Troy, which a lot of people criticized. Then they beat Auburn and Florida.

But LSU is #23 in the human rankings. Yeah, that's inexcusable.

Computer rankings can be odd since they're purely predictive. For example, computer rankings are still high on Ohio State. But human rankings should be about resume of wins and losses, regardless of turnovers and other luck factors. Not sure if that makes sense.

Doesn't FSU have the longest bowl streak? It will be awesome if they do and it ends this season.

Back