Public Service Announcement for UNC Football Fans

Serves them right. Collins in baby blue, how appropriate. Might get his ass beat in a Waffle House. Q. will senile Brown hire him a get back coach?

I wonder if he will bring the Thack Attack with him.

Well one year of Coach Goof as DC with Thack as a position coach. Mack retires. Goof is now head coach and Thack becomes DC. Then UNC becomes historically bad.
That tracks…

They got JMU and Minnesota as some of their non-conference games in 2024 :bowrofl:

I was at Lake Hartwell for the weekend of the Tech-Temple game. As I listened to the latter part of the game I was thinking to myself, WTF, first The Citadel debacle and now this öööö? What have we gotten ourselves into here?

1704559195025.png
That was the worst football team wearing GT uniforms I had ever seen.

Another trivia question. Before clownshow, GT hadn't been shut out at home since the 1950's. How many times did Geoffy accomplish being shut out at home.

Bonus: How many yards did Trevor Lawrence pass for in the first half of the Clemson 73 point beat down of GT at BDS. Hint, the number was on Geoffy's shirt.

Double Bonus: during the UGAg beat down of GT, 45-0, at BDS, what was the insult that one of our players said was "the worst smack talk of his life"?
Never forget:

7 of his losses were by 40+ points. Think of it. You'd have a hard time intentionally throwing games and losing that many times by 6 TDs.

Never forget:

7 of his losses were by 40+ points. Think of it. You'd have a hard time intentionally throwing games and losing that many times by 6 TDs.
Do you remember how many guys defended this dude on this board after that Citadel loss? I already had my doubts well before that, but I couldn't believe people were still okay with that Clown after that game. My buddy played at GT when Collins was a GA here, and he STILL defends him. I don't understand it.

I've been watching GT football for 50+ years. The only game I can remember the GT team quiting on a coach was Gailey vs UGAg in the mid 2000s. Yet the team quit on the Clown repeatedly. Worst coach in GT history.
I think 51-7 under Gailey was a combination of fear and quit. I swear both our QB's who played that day, and I won't call them out, water under the bridge, played in fear.

I've been watching GT football for 50+ years. The only game I can remember the GT team quiting on a coach was Gailey vs UGAg in the mid 2000s. Yet the team quit on the Clown repeatedly. Worst coach in GT history.
The coach quit before the players. There were plenty of games where we weren’t even trying to win. Imagine that as a player.

It doesn't matter if some people defend him or think he's a "good guy", or a "good defensive mind" or whatever. Bottom line is the numbers don't lie and he never won more than 3 games in a season and he's a fcuking clown.
He won more than 1 game within a calendar month only 1 year, and he followed that up with a winless month later that year.

I was at Lake Hartwell for the weekend of the Tech-Temple game. As I listened to the latter part of the game I was thinking to myself, WTF, first The Citadel debacle and now this öööö? What have we gotten ourselves into here?
Don't forget - he actually took credit for Temple's win over Tech, talking about the culture he built there.

There's a guy like that, usually somewhere near the top, in every organization, who takes credit for others' work. Had a boss like that. Guy was good to me but one of our other upper guys chafed because the boss took the credit for all of his good ideas and plans.

Don't forget - he actually took credit for Temple's win over Tech, talking about the culture he built there.

There's a guy like that, usually somewhere near the top, in every organization, who takes credit for others' work. Had a boss like that. Guy was good to me but one of our other upper guys chafed because the boss took the credit for all of his good ideas and plans.
I'm normally the opposite. I shield my direct reports when things are bad, laud them when things are good.

I am a GenX and have a don't give AF what happens to me.

You’re right there is always people like that and if you are smart you will avoid them. Kind of like avoiding those people who send Christmas cards bragging on the places they have been in the previous year.

I'm normally the opposite. I shield my direct reports when things are bad, laud them when things are good.

I am a GenX and have a don't give AF what happens to me.

The other manager who always had the credit stolen has a MBA from Oxford. or Cambridge. One of the two. Anyway, he's damn smart.
We had a problem sales rep and after yet another counseling session that I got pulled into just so there was one more witness, I came up with something and afterward he goes, I really like that. Mind if I steal it? I said not at all. So at least he asked.
(I said during the meeting there were three types of sessions like this - the last of which was punitive and now I forget what the hell the other two were - one of them might have been corrective - and I told our sales rep this was explicitly not a punitive counseling session. And then she went and told the other reps I said it was a punitive session. She eventually got fired but it took some pleading for us to the next boss to drop the axe. As it turns out, not a soul from those counseling sessions still works for that company. We all got the hell out, one way or another. My English MBA buddy decided, as he laid in a hospital bed after sextuple bypass surgery, that he really didnt give AF about the numbers our boss wanted him to call him back with. But I digress greatly.)

Back