Official Gasparilla Bowl/AI Masterpieces Thread

Great, they moved us from one bowl I can’t go to to an even worse bowl (lower payout, even earlier) that I can’t go to. This game is a joke, firmly in the “oh, bowl games already started?” window. The ACC is a clown show.

JRjr

IMG_3709.jpeg
Is this team’s defense worse than ours?

FSU didn’t make the playoff then FSU got an SEC opponent instead of the B1G (which was expected and would have landed the ACC into the Reliaquest bowl). End result is that the ACC lost 2 top tier bowls, which made ND available for the “tier 1” bowls. The tier 1 bowls then fought over ND. The result of this shifted another team (Duke) to tier 2 which resulted in a shuffle there because Duke played UCF in a bowl last season.

The ACC lost about $27M because of this. That’s enough for each team to buy a new QB.
Where do you think we would’ve ended up had FSU got into the playoffs? Still the Pinstripe?

Good grief—some of the griping going on here. Can’t we be at least glad that Tech is going to a bowl after enduring the three plus years of Charlie Foxtrottery under Coach Clown?

We can be glad to earn a bowl AND pissed off that we got totally hosed by the ACC bowl process. Two things can be true at the same time.

JRjr

Where do you think we would’ve ended up had FSU got into the playoffs? Still the Pinstripe?
With both the playoff and Reliaquest, we would have been in a tier 1 bowl. Seems like Pinstripe wanted us but Sun didn’t, so probably Pinstripe. With just one of those two we end up in Birmingham vs Troy. Without either we ended up in Gasparilla.

Bowls show just how second rate and sad acc is.
Adding loser programs like berkeley and stanford show how desperate they are. Lol. Its junk all around
The ACC bowls are pretty good. It’s just that we fell to the 12th ACC bowl despite finishing 4th in the conference. A couple of winning seasons will change that.

yes we’re gonna play uga in Orange Bowl after FSU cancels.
In a perfect world FSU would graciously accept, then on the day they were supposed to arrive, they would email the Urnge Bowl Commitee and bow out, referencing their mistreatment by the NCAA. They would CC the NCAA on the email.

If I was going I would 100% stay 6.2 miles away from the stadium in Ybor City and party my ass off. Had a couple of crazy wild nights in Ybor during a March Madness trip back around 2012.

Woke up with pictures of me doing shots with a midget and someone dressed up as an astronaut.

Back