Official Gasparilla Bowl/AI Masterpieces Thread

Actually Birmingham isn’t that bad. Carry on.

I've been there maybe 12-15 times over the last 10 years due to family being there. Have never had a great experience there and have had run-ins with a less than pleasant crowd when the wife and I were out to dinner.

There's nothing really to do there, it's very high crime and not just centralized.

I've been there maybe 12-15 times over the last 10 years due to family being there. Have never had a great experience there and have had run-ins with a less than pleasant crowd when the wife and I were out to dinner.

There's nothing really to do there, it's very high crime and not just centralized.

Do you pussies ever get tired of whining? First bowl in 5 years. Try to enjoy it.

Do you pussies ever get tired of whining? First bowl in 5 years. Try to enjoy it.

Now you just sound like a jilted middle school girl because I crapped on B-Ham. I'm delighted with the bowl, but love it even more in sunny Florida.

But, carry on

been there once and did not like it at all

Wtf is this sheet
IMG_2107.png

Damn good to have you back.
I only came back because I thought I'd be able to bum a ride to Birmingham in a few weeks. I've got business there, unrelated to Tech, supposedly hiding out somewhere in Hooper City.

Why did it change??
FSU didn’t make the playoff then FSU got an SEC opponent instead of the B1G (which was expected and would have landed the ACC into the Reliaquest bowl). End result is that the ACC lost 2 top tier bowls, which made ND available for the “tier 1” bowls. The tier 1 bowls then fought over ND. The result of this shifted another team (Duke) to tier 2 which resulted in a shuffle there because Duke played UCF in a bowl last season.

The ACC lost about $27M because of this. That’s enough for each team to buy a new QB.

First bowl in five years and it’s same day as the family’s Christmas gathering. Oh well. I’ll be halfway there at least

Dammit. I was going to bring the whole crew to Birmingham, that was cheap and easy and a day trip. I think I can still swing Tampa, but that cuts the size of my contingent in half probably.
If it makes you feel better, your crew is still cheap and easy

Back