Next year

Yikes - how the hell did they not mention Leo Blackburn at all?
You realize he's beeon on the roster for 3 years, played 5-7 games maybe and has 5 receptions for under 100 yds.

I really thought the kid was going to be an amazing TE, but damn he can't get healthy.

You realize he's beeon on the roster for 3 years, played 5-7 games maybe and has 5 receptions for under 100 yds.

I really thought the kid was going to be an amazing TE, but damn he can't get healthy.
2024 is gonna be his year!

I understand all that. But I saw him prowling around the sidelines in a few games this year - he has the look of a man long overdue for an opportunity to take care of business.

And as far as his potential after being on the roster for three years, I offer Derrick Steagall as Exhibit A.

I understand all that. But I saw him prowling around the sidelines in a few games this year - he has the look of a man long overdue for an opportunity to take care of business.

And as far as his potential after being on the roster for three years, I offer Derrick Steagall as Exhibit A.
Forgot about Steagall.

I can see the kid emerging in 2024 on Key’s staff, pretty sure he’d be elsewhere with clown coach. Not good odds, but if it could happen GT 2024 Football Team is as good as place as he’ll get to make his mark.

If you have to go back 30 years to find an example of something to prove your point, then it's probably not a very good point.

If you have to go back 30 years to find an example of something to prove your point, then it's probably not a very good point.
Hollings, Bilbo, Reis were other guys that blossomed later in their careers. Of course, they benefited from positions switches, and didn’t have injury issues. Either way - they were guys that shined once they were able to stay on the field.

King could certainly use a bigger target that can go make a play.

Hollings, Bilbo, Reis were other guys that blossomed later in their careers. Of course, they benefited from positions switches, and didn’t have injury issues. Either way - they were guys that shined once they were able to stay on the field.

King could certainly use a bigger target that can go make a play.
well, an injury derailed Hollings' career.
I saw Hollings play in high school. He was Twiggs County's quarterback. And it was clear he was the best athlete on the field.

Blackburn is going to wind up being the closer to college football ghost stories.

My guess is because he didn't play in the 2023 season but man if he can come back and contribute it will be a nightmare for secondaries trying to cover our skill players.
If the OL continues its level of play and continues to improve still, anyone can be considered a nightmare to cover

Ehhhh, I think that's a little unfair. Only because the reason Blackburn isn't seeing the field is injury. If this was about guys who went from the bench to all-conference just on getting better every year, then I'd be inclined to agree.

My point that Blackburn being overlooked isn't a case of "he hasn't been very good but he's gonna get super good just because reasons"; its a case of he's a serious weapon who has been sidelined with injuries. Maybe it'll never happen but lack of talent, skill, ability or work ethic won't be the reason.

Has he even played a down yet?
Played in 7 games in 2022: 5 receptions for 81 yards and one TD. 2 of the receptions were in Athens v the dwags.

Didn't play any game when the Clown was HC. Missed the Pitt game then played in every game after that.

GT ranked 25

Michael Cera It's Happening GIF

Played in 7 games in 2022: 5 receptions for 81 yards and one TD. 2 of the receptions were in Athens v the dwags.

Didn't play any game when the Clown was HC. Missed the Pitt game then played in every game after that.
Wasn't his TD catch a really pretty catch on the NW side of the field at BDS?

GT ranked 25

We have no excuse for not being a good football team. We are in a talent rich state. We may not beat UGAg in recruiting for our in state talent, but nobody else should be taking our instate talent, including Alabama, Auburn, and FSU. And yes, I know that players in Moultrie are closer to FSU than GT.

Back