Most Overrated/Underrated GT players ever?

Underrated: Orwin Smith
Overrated: That Vad guy.

We need clarification. Do we mean overrated *at the time* or overrated now?

I don't think there's anyone saying Vad was a great QB now

Underrated: Orwin Smith

self safety.gif

Orwin wasn't a great blocker most of the time, if I remember right. I think he was neither overrated nor underrated

Underrated - Danny Myers, Ed Wilder
Overrated - Donnie Davis, A J Suggs

This is a weird thread. People are saying certain players are overrated when the consensus is that player wasn’t good. Who ever thought Francis Kallon was a good P5 football player?

Isaiah was garbage until his senior year. Absolutely hot steaming garbage
Like I said...

Numbers don't say everything but as a So he was 2nd on team in tackles with 78. As a Jr he led the team with 87. As a RS Sr was 4th with 72. 283 career tackles (most by Tech DB ever.)

Would you consider Anthony Allen as under-rated? Dude came in and was an exceptional A-back since Dwyer held down B-back, then switched over to B-back pretty nicely. Damn I miss having Dwyer/Allen in the same backfield. With Nesbit as the QB. Yes. I miss that. Oh, and Thomas at WR. How the hell did we lose to uga in 2009, led by joe cox. sigh. boomer sooner?

Would you consider Anthony Allen as under-rated? Dude came in and was an exceptional A-back since Dwyer held down B-back, then switched over to B-back pretty nicely. Damn I miss having Dwyer/Allen in the same backfield. With Nesbit as the QB. Yes. I miss that. Oh, and Thomas at WR. How the hell did we lose to uga in 2009, led by joe cox. sigh. boomer sooner?

Without a doubt the worst loss I've experienced as a fan... even worse than the SB last year. Richt would've been canned and CPJ would've started 2-0 against the dwags. A win there could've seriously changed the momentum of the program. Oh well.

Boomer Sooner

No mention of Eddie McAshan? As for underrated, don't roll your eyes, but Joe Hamilton. Not that he was a well-kept secret or anything; it's just there's no way to overrate him. He could do everything, and in today's offenses he would run wild. Maybe the better term than "underrated" is "overachieving." The '99 game against us was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Underrated-Tashard Choice, Mike Cox, Orwin Smith, Deandre Smelter, Tevin

Overrated-Vad, Nick Claytor, Kenderius Whitehead, Jabari Hunt-Days

This thread is hard to follow. I feel like Deuces was not under rated or under appreciated at all. Outside of Dwyer, probably our best running back in the last 15 years, honorable mention PJ Daniels (=under rated). I loved them all. Please come back.

I'll go first:
Overrated: Eric Henderson. He was really good, but we had some guys after him that were better(Derrick Morgan).

Underrated: Gary Guyton; I'm sure some have forgotten about him. Awesome player. Also have to mention Laskey, Days, and KaMichael Hall.
Disagree with Eric Henderson being overrated. I'd kill to have him at DE right now.

This thread is hard to follow. I feel like Deuces was not under rated or under appreciated at all. Outside of Dwyer, probably our best running back in the last 15 years, honorable mention PJ Daniels (=under rated). I loved them all. Please come back.

I'd take Choice over Dwyer any day of the week

Back