just suppose,

[ QUOTE ]
But after listing all these concerns I would be remiss if I failed to point out the excitement that pervades our campus because of the fine young talent that our fine staff are bringing to the flats which will assure us of a bright future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will see about the "fine young talent"? IMO, no school can claim a good recruiting class until we see what they do on the field...

Nice post Buck.

I feel that Chan and his crew are recruiting at a very high level considering the academic requirements.

I was one of those who thought that we had no chance to land 25 smart and talented players. I wasn't sure there was 25 out there every year.

To land talents like Scott, Grant, Calvin, Gause, and all of this year's D Line recruits with higher standards and with recent performance only slightly above average is very, very impressive.

Can you imagine what Chan would do on the recruiting trail coming off an ACC championship game appearance?

Re: NcJacket..You just summed up my thoughts

I appreciate the comparison to a winner but I doubt very seriously we're following LSU's benchmark. We are establishing our own (How TECH?) and Chan is the man.

Let's not forget our staff. Chan & Co. are doing a great job putting the pieces together and we can expect continued and greater results.

As good as GOL was for us I'm coming away with the feeling that a former HC of the Dallas Cowboys, a former collegiate NC head football coach and a universally respected football coach and man of reputable character (not to mention Georgia boy) might have the tools we need at TECH to get the job done and all of us Techfans know what that job is, don't we?

As for Belly, he and Ahsoisee can be found pouting at other boards, too po'ed with mods to interact with us goofballs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Re: NcJacket..You just summed up my thoughts

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
I believe we are on the same page.

Re: Big Buck....I like

Blackwatch, I know where you are coming from and it does get old for us to hear the same song but tenth verse every time something goes awry. And make no mistake about it things will sooner or later go south regardless of how diligent our HC happen to be. It is just the nature of the beast. There were a lots of us that had reservations about Chan during his initial season but he has learned quickly most of the nuances of the game of college FB. If Chan just maintains his present level of recruiting I have NO doubt but that he will bring back BIG TIME success to our program.

Chan has done what ALL successful coaches have done and that is to surround himself with quality assistant coaches.

Things look brighter now than they have in quite some time and he needs our support. ALL of our support.

Re: Big Buck....I like

Agreed. Chan will build the program for the reasons you stated and b/c he is sold on GT. O'Leary said "Georgia Tech wants to be Harvard during the week and Notre Dame on the weekends" O'Leary seemed to have a problem with Tech's standards. Gailey on the otherhand, goes out of his way to promote Georgia Tech as a great academic institution. He is the right fit for a school like ours.

Back