How much will an independent get if invited to the 12 playoff spots?

Hint. ND will likely be there most years. ND will never get a 1-4 spot ”bye” but they can host as a #5-#8 seed annually.

They should have an independent provision where they receive a normal P2 conference team share and the remainder is distributed evenly to the participating playoff schools.

Didn’t realize there were independent schools in the SECB10. The 12 team format will prove to be a farce in due time. I’m calling it the SEC and BIG10 invitational with special guest Notre Dame. The SECB10 teams will own 8-10 of the spots annually.

Didn’t realize there were independent schools in the SECB10. The 12 team format will prove to be a farce in due time. I’m calling it the SEC and BIG10 invitational with special guest Notre Dame. The SECB10 teams will own 8-10 of the spots annually.

This dies really concern me. If the cfp committee doesn't enshrine rules favoring conf champs I think it'll be heavy on bias

0. All 12 slots go to the sec.
Please someone find that screenshot where ESPN had 4 SEC teams projected in the 4- team playoff (I think it was 2016 and it was Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss State)

Please someone find that screenshot where ESPN had 4 SEC teams projected in the 4- team playoff (I think it was 2016 and it was Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss State)
I believe it was Auburn instead of LSU plus the other three you mention.

If was 2014

That was long enough that I can't even remember if it's real

Bayless!

12 team playoff field will be the ACC champ, the Big XIII champ, the best group of 5 champ, then the best 9 from the SECB1G and ND.
The evidence suggests you are correct.

Back