Haynes King

There are different levels and types of complaints about the offense in the Ole Miss game. We moved the ball at will but couldn't finish drives in the first half. Encouraging but frustrating.

We came out in the second half and stalled out a couple of times when we really had a chance to get back into the game, which is not encouraging.

We got it going again late, but by that point the defense was collapsing and put the game out of reach. Bigger frustration there was with the defense. A combination of injuries, wearing down (although we weren't on the field much in the first half), and I guess scheme or player mistakes made the final score look much worse than it really deserved to be.

Overall I'm encouraged that the offense looks pretty dynamic at times, but we need to finish and need to be a little more consistent. And we need to find some help for Haynes, who seemed to open the game getting every touch at RB and catching our first few passes.

JRjr
Offense will be fine. Every game it seems better and better, as it should be in a new system.
I don’t think ST is bad, except we need a guy who can make FGs. Birr seems to be that guy.
Defense alternates between bend don’t break and broken. The BDB version is workable. The broken version is unacceptable. The biggest two issues there are poor tackling and no penetration, IMPO.

Usually guys transfer for playing time or lack of coaching/competency. Singleton doesn’t have either of those issues. And with King at QB, Singleton will be targeted a lot so there is really no need for him to transfer because where would he go with a better offense for a WR right now. Gibbs left due to jus5 utter incompetence on offense. The same for the defenders who left. I’d be more worried about more defenders leaving before any offensive guys.
LOL, it's all about the Benjamins.

Offense will be fine. Every game it seems better and better, as it should be in a new system.
I don’t think ST is bad, except we need a guy who can make FGs. Birr seems to be that guy.
Defense alternates between bend don’t break and broken. The BDB version is workable. The broken version is unacceptable. The biggest two issues there are poor tackling and no penetration, IMPO.
You're plagiarizing from my divorce papers

Let's do that again.
5F9BF30E-F0C3-467C-A370-EF56A566A9BF.gif

If we were 3-0 he would be mentioned Nationally and possibly a Heisman hopeful. Remember this is with him only playing roughly 1/2 of the 2nd game.

I am very positive on the O. In the in game thread i said we need to open the checkbook for CBF. We are a year away from a blowtorch offense (maybe sooner).

This. If all skilled positions come back (I think this is Blaylock's last year), we will be very dangerous. Perhaps then we'll have the big bruising back to complement short yardage situations. Haynes can't run everything but he's doing a great job. Now, if we can just get a half decent defense. One that's ranked 40-60th. That's not much to ask for. A defense that may only allow up to ~20pts, because we'll score at least 30+.

I
This. If all skilled positions come back (I think this is Blaylock's last year), we will be very dangerous. Perhaps then we'll have the big bruising back to complement short yardage situations. Haynes can't run everything but he's doing a great job. Now, if we can just get a half decent defense. One that's ranked 40-60th. That's not much to ask for. A defense that may only allow up to ~20pts, because we'll score at least 30+.

I think we can grow a big back, specifically Haynes. Put 20 lb of muscle on that guy at 5’9” and he will have the mass and pad level to push anyone out of the way. The tall backs are nice for weight and route running, but those bowling ball backs are the ones who will kill you.

I think we can grow a big back, specifically Haynes. Put 20 lb of muscle on that guy at 5’9” and he will have the mass and pad level to push anyone out of the way. The tall backs are nice for weight and route running, but those bowling ball backs are the ones who will kill you.

From what I’ve seen so far, I’d rather keep him as a shifty back that can also catch passes out of the backfield rather than trying to turn him into a bruiser.

JRjr

I

I wouldn’t change much with our best offensive player.

Back