GHSA royal screwup

I'm basically going to pull for all the road teams...this is some BS to go from a neutral site game to a road game for these guys. Not to mention playing all these games at the same time deprives us the ability to watch them.

Clinch Co. (11-2) at Irwin Co. (12-1)
Hapeville Char. (13-1) at Rabun Co. (14-0)
Blessed Trinity (12-2) at Marist (14-0)
Rome (14-0) at Warner Robins (14-0)
Coffee (10-3) at Lee County (13-1)
Colquitt Co. (11-3) at North Gwinnett (13-1)

Rome is the only team with a bit of a legitimate gripe as both they and WR are 14-0. The other road teams have nothing to complain about. When I read about this I was a bit surprised at how much the traveling team coaches were whining -instead of getting there teams fired up to storm into _______ and win a state championship.

I have no problem with this. Yea, the kids this year miss their chance to play in the dome, but I think state championships being held at the schools makes for a much better atmosphere. The old system of final 4 in the dome and championships back home was much better.

Id much rather play in or attend a championship game at a school's home field, under the lights, with all the character that makes HS football special. At the dome you are playing games at 10am, and players are rushed in and out one game after another with little time to cherish the moment.

My opinions aside, what else would you have them do? MB stadium isnt going to hold 2 weekends open for HS football and coordinating with another big stadium in 1 week is a bigger task than it's worth, if even possible. It only makes sense for them to play at home fields after MB was cancelled.

Crazy finish for North Gwinnett. Colquitt threw the game away on penalties.

The Blessed Trinity/Marist rematch should be a good one. I went to the first game - Marist won 25-24 after going for 2 at the very end.
BT took down Marist at their place 16 -7. Great atmosphere, huge crowd. BT defense second half of the season was outstanding. BT may have best overall HS coaching staff in the country. Their four D1 studs will all be back next year as well. Look out 4A Georgia, BT has officially arrived.

BT took down Marist at their place 16 -7. Great atmosphere, huge crowd. BT defense second half of the season was outstanding. BT may have best overall HS coaching staff in the country. Their four D1 studs will all be back next year as well. Look out 4A Georgia, BT has officially arrived.
Rome would kick their ass

The end to the Colquitt/NG game was unbelievable. Colquitt scores with 49.5 secs to go up 1. K/O is a tback. NG does the Richt game plan throwing in the flats and advances. With 3.5 secs to go they are on CC 46. The next play is defensive substitution penalty. The next play is defensive sub penalty. The next play is a hail Mary from the 36 but CC gets called for interference with no time left. From line of scrimmage at 21 NG hits field goal from 37 yards. Biggest choke in any kind of championship game I've ever seen. 4 penalties for 35 yards in last drive/last minute for CC.

The end to the Colquitt/NG game was unbelievable. Colquitt scores with 49.5 secs to go up 1. K/O is a tback. NG does the Richt game plan throwing in the flats and advances. With 3.5 secs to go they are on CC 46. The next play is defensive substitution penalty. The next play is defensive sub penalty. The next play is a hail Mary from the 36 but CC gets called for interference with no time left. From line of scrimmage at 21 NG hits field goal from 37 yards. Biggest choke in any kind of championship game I've ever seen. 4 penalties for 35 yards in last drive/last minute for CC.

There was a defensive holding penalty before the two defensive substitution penalties as well.

There was a defensive holding penalty before the two defensive substitution penalties as well.

It was great to see the kicker for NG get redemption after missing the PAT earlier. He and the guy that jumped on the PAT were going to live with those mistakes forever.

With that being said, Colquitt County ööööing choked and gave that game away. How do you have back to back substitution penalties?!?

Was it 12 men on the field? It looked like one of the officials was pointing and counting to the CC coach after the second one.

I dislike the games being played in the pro or college stadiums, the atmosphere is better in a high school stadium. Also many of the fans from rural areas cannot or will not make the drive to Atlanta to be gouged by concession & parking prices.
Plus it brings added revenue to the host cities. Just alternate what region is the host team every other year.

I dislike the games being played in the pro or college stadiums, the atmosphere is better in a high school stadium. Also many of the fans from rural areas cannot or will not make the drive to Atlanta to be gouged by concession & parking prices.
Plus it brings added revenue to the host cities. Just alternate what region is the host team every other year.

I imagine if you asked the kids they would pick the Benz every time over playing in their home stadium.

It was great to see the kicker for NG get redemption after missing the PAT earlier. He and the guy that jumped on the PAT were going to live with those mistakes forever.

With that being said, Colquitt County ööööing choked and gave that game away. How do you have back to back substitution penalties?!?

Was it 12 men on the field? It looked like one of the officials was pointing and counting to the CC coach after the second one.

I'd like to know too (or see a replay). Was it illegal substitution or illegal participation?

I'd like to know too (or see a replay). Was it illegal substitution or illegal participation?

Illegal substitution. They were dead ball penalties, so I assume it had to do with players running off of the field and then back on.

Visiting teams went 4-2. Incredible atmosphere everywhere. North Gwinnett and Lee County were only home teams to win and NG win was um interesting.

Back