GHSA royal screwup

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
I just heard on the local news that the postponed championship games weren't moved back a week in the MBS but that the games had to be moved back to the individual schools like the good ole days. Warner Robins-Rome will now be held at WR. People who have tickets from last week will have priority seating until 6:45 then ticket box will be open for everyone else. What a cluster öööö. All because of a little snow.

Too bad something couldn't have been worked out for hosting at Bobby Dodd. Go Wolves!

Just like the old days, when it would be at home sites. Once went to the Class AA championship back in those days with two teams that were about 100 miles apart. Place was absolutely packed, 5-10 deep along the fence. One of the best atmospheres I have been in.

I just heard on the local news that the postponed championship games weren't moved back a week in the MBS but that the games had to be moved back to the individual schools like the good ole days. Warner Robins-Rome will now be held at WR. People who have tickets from last week will have priority seating until 6:45 then ticket box will be open for everyone else. What a cluster öööö. All because of a little snow.

The north side of town had plenty of snow. I still have several inches on my deck and quite a bit of my backyard covered.

That's awesome for the Demons. Now maybe I will go.

I'm basically going to pull for all the road teams...this is some BS to go from a neutral site game to a road game for these guys. Not to mention playing all these games at the same time deprives us the ability to watch them.

Clinch Co. (11-2) at Irwin Co. (12-1)
Hapeville Char. (13-1) at Rabun Co. (14-0)
Blessed Trinity (12-2) at Marist (14-0)
Rome (14-0) at Warner Robins (14-0)
Coffee (10-3) at Lee County (13-1)
Colquitt Co. (11-3) at North Gwinnett (13-1)

I'm basically going to pull for all the road teams...this is some BS to go from a neutral site game to a road game for these guys. Not to mention playing all these games at the same time deprives us the ability to watch them.

Clinch Co. (11-2) at Irwin Co. (12-1)
Hapeville Char. (13-1) at Rabun Co. (14-0)
Blessed Trinity (12-2) at Marist (14-0)
Rome (14-0) at Warner Robins (14-0)
Coffee (10-3) at Lee County (13-1)
Colquitt Co. (11-3) at North Gwinnett (13-1)

For those going to Lee County, it has always been a great venue for a game. During regular season games the cheerleaders ride through the paper banner on Harleys. Well worth going.

The Blessed Trinity/Marist rematch should be a good one. I went to the first game - Marist won 25-24 after going for 2 at the very end.

What should they have done differently?

I was being sarcastic

Warner Robins won its last state title in Statesboro. They used to do semifinals in the dome and finals at home anyway. Playing at the dome is overrated.

I played a high school playoff game in the now demolished Texas Stadium in Irving.

texas16_top.jpg

It's a great memory.

Back