Do you think these viewership numbers are accurate?

Buzzkill1974

Varsity Lurker
IMG_0792.jpeg

You guys can naively believe it’s just top 20. The reality is the large state schools churn out 10s of thousands of automatic fans every year. The large state schools reside in the Big Ten and SEC. Th Big 12 has a couple. I expect them to be SEC B1G targets soon.

People mostly watch what's most available. Wish I'd known things would turn out this way 40 years ago.

You guys can naively believe it’s just top 20. The reality is the large state schools churn out 10s of thousands of automatic fans every year. The large state schools reside in the Big Ten and SEC. Th Big 12 has a couple. I expect them to be SEC B1G targets soon.

By large state schools you mean FSU, Clemson, Auburn, and Notre Dame? Or are you talking about South Carolina, Florida, and Indiana? Actually I find it interesting that no big state school is top ranked in the state that contains Chicago.

By large state schools you mean FSU, Clemson, Auburn, and Notre Dame? Or are you talking about South Carolina, Florida, and Indiana? Actually I find it interesting that no big state school is top ranked in the state that contains Chicago.
There are a couple national brands but yes I would put Clemson and FSU in the large state school. It’s why I believe they will be targeted by one of the big conferences. I think the Big 12 has positioned itself well to survive the mayhem in some fashion. Whether it keeps an auto bud to the playoffs remains to be seen. I think the ACC loses an auto bud relatively soon. Especially if we continue to lose to UGA regularly.

Notre Dame is an obvious exception to all this hulabaloo and has been treated as such forever. Large and dedicated national fanbase.

There are a couple national brands but yes I would put Clemson and FSU in the large state school. It’s why I believe they will be targeted by one of the big conferences. I think the Big 12 has positioned itself well to survive the mayhem in some fashion. Whether it keeps an auto bud to the playoffs remains to be seen. I think the ACC loses an auto bud relatively soon. Especially if we continue to lose to UGA regularly.

Notre Dame is an obvious exception to all this hulabaloo and has been treated as such forever. Large and dedicated national fanbase.

Florida State is significantly smaller than UF or UCF; but is still large. This graph can shift significantly depending on the recent success a football program is having; thus the non-surprise that UF isn't in the top. People want to watch teams that win is the bottom line with the exceptions maybe being Tennessee, Auburn, and USCwest; who haven't done much recently but are still up there in viewership.

TAMU, South Carolina weren’t listed above. Both are big schools with bigger fanbases. Flip side, USC has been up and down since PC, but still draws TV ratings despite not regularly selling out.

ACC will not lose an automatic bid, unless they are no longer considered in the P4. They expanded knowing what the TV deal states based on the number of teams in the conference, knowing FSU is leaving soon, followed by Clemson.

Can people stop using “losing to uga“ as a barometer for success? It’s an unrealistic expectation right now. They have lost 11 total games in the last 7 years (2 total in the last 3 only to Bama / Saban), with 1 bad loss to South Carolina (2019) during that stretch. They haven’t been losing to Kensucky, Miss State, Arkansas, etc annually for example.

Outside of the one bad loss to South Carolina, the other losses were all to Top 10 teams in Auburn (2017), UF (2020), Bama (2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2023) LSU (2018, 2019), Texas (2018).

For everyone who think FSU and Clemson (especially) are trending down, those are 2 programs who are closer to a measuring stick based on the narrative. In 7 months GT has a chance to show the progress made under CBK to a national Audi as really the only game on.

TAMU, South Carolina weren’t listed above. Both are big schools with bigger fanbases. Flip side, USC has been up and down since PC, but still draws TV ratings despite not regularly selling out.

ACC will not lose an automatic bid, unless they are no longer considered in the P4. They expanded knowing what the TV deal states based on the number of teams in the conference.

Can people stop using losing to uga as a barometer for success? It’s an unrealistic expectation right now. They have lost 11 total games in the last 7 years, with 1 bad loss to South Carolina (2019) during that stretch. They haven’t been losing to Kensucky, Miss State, Arkansas annually for example.

Outside of the one bad loss to South Carolina, the other losses were all to Top 10 teams in Auburn (2017), UF (2020), Bama (2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2023) LSU (2018, 2019), Texas (2018).

For everyone who think FSU and Clemson (especially) are trending down, those are 2 programs who are closer to a measuring stick based on the narrative. In 7 months GT has a chance to show the progress made under CBK to a national Audi as really the only game on.
Do you wash the handkerchief in your pocket between your uga slobjob posts, or do you like to keep it crunchy?

Do you wash the handkerchief in your pocket between your uga slobjob posts, or do you like to keep it crunchy?
Show 1 post to fit your middle school type response. No one gives a EFF about uga, but to continue to act like it’s a fair measuring stick for success is nonsensical garbage. By your childish logic, why didn’t you add FSU, Clemson?

ACC will not lose an automatic bid, unless they are no longer considered in the P4. They expanded knowing what the TV deal states based on the number of teams in the conference, knowing FSU is leaving soon, followed by Clemson.

Can people stop using “losing to uga“ as a barometer for success? It’s an unrealistic expectation right now. They have lost 11 total games in the last 7 years (2 total in the last 3 only to Bama / Saban), with 1 bad loss to South Carolina (2019) during that stretch. They haven’t been losing to Kensucky, Miss State, Arkansas, etc annually for example.

We all know beating uga is tough. Nobody’s acting like a season where we don’t beat uga but win the ACC or win 8 or 9 games is a failure. But we want to beat them and beat them to oblivion because it’s part of our fandom. This is the second time i noticed you’re trying to bait people into argument with your I’m smarter than you attitude. Which is fine for the average Tech fan, we all have some of that, but you’re picking the wrong hills to die on.

ACC office denies validity of this. Their numbers clearly show UNC #1 with viewer brand loyalty followed closely by NC State, Duke, UVA and Wake in the top 5.

No one’s made the obvious point. Teams that get the prime channels and game times get the most viewers. Duh.
Indeed, and the prime channels and game times are given to teams with the most viewers. We've cracked this case.

Back