Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

This is why I don't understand the people on here that say we don't want Deion Sanders because we just had Jeff Collins. This just shows their lack intelligence.
Because Deion Sanders has not demonstrated he can coach. He has a few years of experience. He used his celebrity to out recruit his HBCU coaches and pull in FBS players to compete with FCS players. Despite the disparity in talent, he STILL couldn't win a championship as head coach. Give Saban that same team of talent and he rolls every single team on that schedule, including the championship game.

Deion showed up like a clown claiming he was there because HBCU's needed someone like him to bring attention and prestige to those colleges and universities.......until he got offered more money by a P5 and said "screw you guy$$$$....I'm outta here"

He would have been our next clown show.

Meanwhile, Brent Key ran a GOL quality practice and scrimmage this past Saturday. Organized. Sharp. No clowning around. Players hustling from drill to drill. No wasted time. Players knew where they needed to be when the timer went off and they got to their stations. Disciplined. I am tired of "hey, we should have a dance team and call them the juice crew. I will grade them on juice"

This is why I don't understand the people on here that say we don't want Deion Sanders because we just had Jeff Collins. This just shows their lack intelligence.

I don't want Deion Sanders because he wouldn't work out here. He would get disillusioned after 1 season trying to recruit kids who can read and write, and he would make it about himself, which doesn't mesh with our brand or our fanbase.

I remain convinced he intends to install his son as QB no matter how good anyone else may be, and he'll stop caring after Shedeur is drafted (or not). Then his focus will be on the pros again.

The aftermath for us would be as bad or worse than the Collins era. JMHO. FWIW, I was a loud member of the Prime Time camp several months ago, but after seeing Key and Deion in their new roles, I think we made the best decision for Tech.

I didn't want Deion Sanders because he is Deion Sanders. Full stop.

He is a former NFL star with a ego driven, flashy image. Thus the name "Prime Time". All eyes on Deion. He has proven nothing at the FBS level of coaching yet somehow people like yourself have bought into his branding and are convinced he is set to create a football dynasty at Colorado where he still hasn't coached a single game.

Geoff Collins was all about branding. All about the message. The eventual product he delivered was the worst Tech has ever fielded. It remains to be seen what Deion will roll out on the field. But I have seen ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so far that would lead a rational, analytical human being to believe his product will be any better than what Geoff Collins produced when it shows up on the field.

Deion could back up his branding when he played. His playing talent matched his image. There is zero data that he can do the same as a head coach in big boy college football.

Can he coach? Can he run a major FBS program successfully? It's a huge gamble. I've seen nothing so far to convince me it's a good gamble.

In fact what I have seen so far is that he created a very divisive environment on day 1 leading to a huge number of players deciding to bail. I've see a man that looks a lot more like a narcissistic helicopter dad than a FBS level head coach and leader of men. All we've seen so far is hype.

We took a similar gamble on a top tier salesman that was all about hype and branding with mostly unproven head coaching abilities that led to disastrous results. The similarities so far to Deion are obvious.

Colorado and Georgia Tech are very different places and Geoff Collins and Deion Sanders are very different men. My reasons for not wanting Deion Sanders have everything to do with Deion Sanders but it is said that history sometimes repeats and it often rhymes. And I've seen Deion's song and dance show before with Geoff Collins and it was a disaster. I expect the same will happen at Colorado and I'm glad we chose a different path this time around.

I get it. We took a risk with GC3 and it didn’t pan out. Now people want to go safe with Key. CBK is probably a 6-8 win guy, which is far better than we’ve done in recent history and will make us respectable.

But that doesn’t mean Deion would have resulted in a poor outcome. No need to trash the guy. Not everything has to be a right or wrong answer.

They got the 1st O playing 2nd D. Every WR is wide open, no way that wasn't planned to show off his son.

The aftermath for us would be as bad or worse than the Collins era. JMHO. FWIW, I was a loud member of the Prime Time camp several months ago, but after seeing Key and Deion in their new roles, I think we made the best decision for Tech.
I'm not comparing Deion to Key. I was referring to the people that act like we already tried it with Deion by proxy with Gerkoff Collins.

I like what I've seen with Key. He seems like a hard nosed, straight shooter coach that should get us to 7-5 consistently, but we already had one of those too.

I like what I've seen with Key. He seems like a hard nosed, straight shooter coach that should get us to 7-5 consistently, but we already had one of those too.
Key will not be satisfied with 7-5 seasons like CCG seemed to be.

Back