Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Even if Prime doesnt win a single game in three seasons, Colorado will have earned so much money through endorsements and merchandising that they can go hire a “proven” coach after the Prime failed experiment. It was a no brainer for rundown programs like Colorado and Tech.

I was very much pro-Prime, but it just wasn't good timing for GT, unfortunately. Fresh off of an expensive failed experiment of our own, no way we would commit that much guaranteed money to Deion. I will definitely wonder what could have been.

FWIW, selling out the season tickets is certainly good. It shows that the Colorado fan base has a pulse. Being the primary state university in a state with 6 million people provides enough of a market to build some excitement and sell some tickets with a flashy but unproven new head coach.

We had a flashy but unproven new head coach that built up a lot of excitement with some significant recruiting improvement to go along with it.

How'd that work out?

Even if Prime doesnt win a single game in three seasons, Colorado will have earned so much money through endorsements and merchandising that they can go hire a “proven” coach after the Prime failed experiment. It was a no brainer for rundown programs like Colorado and Tech.

I do not believe Colorado would be satisfied with the hire if they really didn't win a single game in three seasons, nor would they make as much money as you're thinking in that case.

He’ll bring in recruits that can take Colorado to a bowl every year. I like Key, but Prime Time in Atlanta would have been fire.

He’ll bring in recruits that can take Colorado to a bowl every year. I like Key, but Prime Time in Atlanta would have been fire.
Until it wasn't in 2 years.
I am happy we went the route we did.
We just experienced 3+ years of a lot of words and chest pounding and a coach with a gimp leg.
Colorado will be better for having had and fired Prime in 3 years. Tech would not.

Run off the whole team. For the first time in 27 years, Colorado season tix sold out. Prime$$$$. We had 9,000 at our spring game.

CSB. They got a splash hire. We will see if he can actually coach against equal competition

FWIW, selling out the season tickets is certainly good. It shows that the Colorado fan base has a pulse. Being the primary state university in a state with 6 million people provides enough of a market to build some excitement and sell some tickets with a flashy but unproven new head coach.

We had a flashy but unproven new head coach that built up a lot of excitement with some significant recruiting improvement to go along with it.

How'd that work out?
Do you think we'll beat Colorado in 2025?

I hope we do but would bet against it

Key didn’t come in saying he was going to clean house like Deion said. So the verbiage of “run off” isn’t nearly as appropriate in dealing with Keys departures as Deions.
He didn't have to. All he said was we're going to practice hard and in pads. They got the message.

How many have we run off so far in comparison.

How'd that work out?
There was no recruiting improvement.

After 3 seasons they still owe him 75% of 4 years.

Back