Why is the media pushing L. Fitzgerald?

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I know he is a good player but I don't think he is all world. It just seems like all the talking heads on television from Trev Alberts, to Mark Maye to Terry Bowden to you name it really tout this kid at every opportunity. They will simply be appalled if he does not win the Heisman Trophy.

I wonder if he has connections with the media through his family or something. The only game I saw him play in was against Miami and they pretty much shut him down.

It reminds me of the Kellon Winslow, Jr. hype last year. Somehow he fell out of favor with the Media this year, probably because of his persistent thug antics that could no longer be overlooked.

Am I missing something here with Larry Fitzgerald?

Go Jackets!

He is the most irreplaceable player out there right now for any one team. If you look at the successful teams out there no single team has one guy like that who stands out head and shoulders above the rest of the team. He is lucky because it is a weak year this year. No 'career' awards, no dominant QBs, and no undefeated teams (thats what makes average QBs get the Heisman).

IMHO.

Have you seen Fitzgerald play?? Go watch the replay of the VT/Pitt game.

He should win the Heisman. He is easily the best player in college but his problem is he is not surrounded by a big time cast of players like White at OU and Perry and Mich.

#1 He is a 100% class act. No trash talking. No showboating. No 'look at me' attitude. A team player. Very refreshing.

#2 He has the all time NCAA record for consecutive TD receptions, currently 18 and counting. Think about how amazing that is, that many consecutive games with a touchdown reception, not just a catch.

#3 He is #1 in receiving yards per game (by more than 17 yards/catch!), #1 in total receiving yards, #1 in TD catches (by 6 scores!). Georgia Tech's entire offense has the same number of TD's scored as he does - 22.

#4 He makes incredible circus catches regularly.

#5 He does this while being double and triple teamed every game. He is also a decoy on any play not run towards him. Pitt = Rutgers without him.

#6 He is the best college receiver since Randy Moss at Marshall.

#7 He is all that and a bag of chips.

Originally posted by kirbee:
#1 He is a 100% class act. No trash talking. No showboating. No 'look at me' attitude. A team player. Very refreshing.

#2 He has the all time NCAA record for consecutive TD receptions, currently 18 and counting. Think about how amazing that is, that many consecutive games with a touchdown reception, not just a catch.

#3 He is #1 in receiving yards per game (by more than 17 yards/catch!), #1 in total receiving yards, #1 in TD catches (by 6 scores!). Georgia Tech's entire offense has the same number of TD's scored as he does - 22.

#4 He makes incredible circus catches regularly.

#5 He does this while being double and triple teamed every game. He is also a decoy on any play not run towards him. Pitt = Rutgers without him.

#6 He is the best college receiver since Randy Moss at Marshall.

#7 He is all that and a bag of chips.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">But WHAT KIND of chips?

Lays Masterpiece.

I think it's because they think he is the best player in college football.

JJ,

I kept hearing the hype for Fitzgerald so I finally made sure to catch a Pitt game.

He is damn good...but he is just a sophomore.

The Falcons could use him.

Back