Who will start next year at TE?

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
I hope its Darius Williams. After several years on the bench he showed some major game this past year. We really don't have anyone else with Foschi leaving and Matthews going to OLine. Seems Darius is in a prime position to make an impact. Any comments?

That catch of his in the Auburn game is a classic...I have been rooting for him ever since we recruited him...He turned down some good offers to come here...I really like him..Cooper should be a good one too...We do need to sign 1 or 2 TE's to provide depth...Williams will be a senior....

I don't know how well Cooper blocks, but he looks very fluid running the TE passing routes and catching the football. He appears to be very athletic.

Father Time

IMO the catch Darius made was the best of the year by ANY receiver, not just TEs. I don't know if he has the hands to make that kind of play routinely or if it was his one big play, but I would like to see him get more of a chance to show us. Nothing against Cooper, just have never seen him in action.

Agree on that catch. Truly outstanding.

With as many 2 TE sets as we run, we will have starter A & B. One real starter and a second who will get a ton of PT.

Blocking will be the key. We know Cooper and Williams can catch. I don't think hands when I think Foschi. That says that who ever is the best blocker will be the starting TE. Catching is icing on the cake and maybe a tie breaker for our TE - vital, but secondary to Chan.

Back