Who is most responsible for college football being so screwed up?

Who is most responsible for college football being so screwed up?

• SCOTUS

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • NCAA

Votes: 72 35.8%
  • ESPN

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Big10

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • SEC

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • ACC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FSU

• Texas + Oklahoma

• USCw + UCLA

• Stingtalk

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Vad Lee

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • other

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone voting for ESPN is simply missing what has happened. ESPN has not given out $7-13 million contracts to HC’s, created a facilities arms race, etc. All ESPN, CBS, Fox and NBC have done is provide financial media agreements with conferences.

The corrupt NCAA is 100% to blame.

If you have a problem with capitalism then you can watch DII, DIII, and NAIA.

Everyone is to blame, if it can really be called "blame". It's tough to keep money out of something so enormously popular. Everything happening now was inevitable once the sport got saturated with money.

I would still watch non-GT games until the portal opened up and NIL widened the gap between the haves and have nots. Now, there is no point. It is a much crappier version of the NFL. At least your NFL team of choice has a chance. Not so much if you a fan of most college teams. The only thing that would fix college football would be contracts and a draft, which obviously won't happen. Don't act like these kids are amateurs any more.

Anyone voting for ESPN is simply missing what has happened. ESPN has not given out $7-13 million contracts to HC’s, created a facilities arms race, etc. All ESPN, CBS, Fox and NBC have done is provide financial media agreements with conferences.

The corrupt NCAA is 100% to blame.

If you have a problem with capitalism then you can watch DII, DIII, and NAIA.
I agree the NCAA is corrupt and protective of corrupt programs and practices; however, the NCAA didn't hasn't given HC contracts either. The AAs do so as demanded by donors and fans who want to be at the top without regard to reason or ethics. That, too, falls into the workings of capitalism.

I would still watch non-GT games until the portal opened up and NIL widened the gap between the haves and have nots. Now, there is no point. It is a much crappier version of the NFL. At least your NFL team of choice has a chance. Not so much if you a fan of most college teams. The only thing that would fix college football would be contracts and a draft, which obviously won't happen. Don't act like these kids are amateurs any more.
So you don’t think the Portal leveled the playing field in CFB this year? The best conference in the country this year was the P12 thanks in part to the Portal. More teams competed for the CFP vs any other year since the CFP started. And there is no sec team in the MNC game.

Is the Portal messed up? Yes. Will the NCAA do anything to fix it? No. Why? Because the NCAA caused this entire mess and no longer has any power to fix anything.

The level of whining and complaining about NIL is what I don’t understand. Every school has scholarships whether you play sports or not. Is the general SA on scholarship not allowed to earn $$$? No. So why shouldn’t SA’s? The highest paid SA according to NIL projections doesn’t even play football, hoops, or baseball.

So you don’t think the Portal leveled the playing field in CFB this year? The best conference in the country this year was the P12 thanks in part to the Portal. More teams competed for the CFP vs any other year since the CFP started. And there is no sec team in the MNC game.

Is the Portal messed up? Yes. Will the NCAA do anything to fix it? No. Why? Because the NCAA caused this entire mess and no longer has any power to fix anything.

The level of whining and complaining about NIL is what I don’t understand. Every school has scholarships whether you play sports or not. Is the general SA on scholarship not allowed to earn $$$? No. So why shouldn’t SA’s? The highest paid SA according to NIL projections doesn’t even play football, hoops, or baseball.

You do understand that all teams in the CFP this year will be SEC/B1G next year? Power is officially consolidated. Haves and have nots. Pac12 is gone. College football is dead. Have no idea why anyone here watches non-GT games. Do you like watching teams that actually have a chance while yours doesn't?

The highest paid SA according to NIL projections doesn’t even play football, hoops, or baseball.

and she is really just selling her fame as a college gymnast - hahaha, maybe some football players can get onlyfans accounts for horny old women and gay guys.

You do understand that all teams in the CFP this year will be SEC/B1G next year? Power is officially consolidated. Haves and have nots. Pac12 is gone. College football is dead.
I would echo this with a "Doh!" for the poster you are replying to.

I don’t think it is screwed up. I prefer to live in a Capitalist society. If you think it is screwed up, stop investing your time and money.
I've stopped spending my money for the most part and it's still broken. For those who think college football is broken, the problem with the market solution is that it's too slow. By the time people are fed up, stop spending their money, and college football is forced to change, I'll be dead.

Better to point out the problems and argue for change than wait on an eventual market correction.

You do understand that all teams in the CFP this year will be SEC/B1G next year? Power is officially consolidated. Haves and have nots. Pac12 is gone. College football is dead. Have no idea why anyone here watches non-GT games. Do you like watching teams that actually have a chance while yours doesn't?

That's so melodramatic. Next year we'll have a more realistic shot at playing for the title than we have in decades thanks to the expanded playoff and the autobids.

We played one of the best teams in the nation to within one score just a year after being a complete öööö show thanks in large part to the portal.

College football has changed a lot, yes. And much of it for the worse in my opinion, including the consolidation of power you mentioned. But it is far from dead.

That's so melodramatic. Next year we'll have a more realistic shot at playing for the title than we have in decades thanks to the expanded playoff and the autobids.

We played one of the best teams in the nation to within one score just a year after being a complete öööö show thanks in large part to the portal.

College football has changed a lot, yes. And much of it for the worse in my opinion, including the consolidation of power you mentioned. But it is far from dead.
And in 2 years that shot will probably be gone. Also while the chance of playing for a title (getting in to an elimination tournament) may be higher next year, don't think I'd agree the odds of winning a title are higher. If you want to talk specifically about us, I'd say our odds have actually gone down for the moment compared to this year because we've lost a good bit of depth on an already struggling defense to the portal.

You keep thinking that. Hope is a fickle, dangerous thing. The years of Tech competing for a NC are long gone.

And in 2 years that shot will probably be gone. Also while the chance of playing for a title (getting in to an elimination tournament) may be higher next year, don't think I'd agree the odds of winning a title are higher. If you want to talk specifically about us, I'd say our odds have actually gone down for the moment compared to this year because we've lost a good bit of depth on an already struggling defense to the portal.

Things are changing fast, and it is possible that in two years we will be left out in the cold.

But it's crazy to say that college football is officially dead when: 1) we played the unbeaten two time defending national champs to within one score; 2) Tech fans are the most excited they've been going into a season in a good six or seven years; and 3) there's a defined path to the playoff for the ACC champs for the first time ever.

Maybe college football is dying and in two years it really will be dead to us. But it's not dead now.

I agree the NCAA is corrupt and protective of corrupt programs and practices; however, the NCAA didn't hasn't given HC contracts either. The AAs do so as demanded by donors and fans who want to be at the top without regard to reason or ethics. That, too, falls into the workings of capitalism.
Hello comrade.

Back