Where's the father with the football recruit?

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Where\'s the father with the football recruit?

There was a man on here a month ago that was insinuating that Chan was not a good coach and it sounded like he was perturbed over his son not getting a football scholarship. He said he had plenty of stories to tell but had to take care of his son and friends first (or something like that).

Okay, let's hear it.

I know what he is talking about.

Was it one of the guys who is no longer with us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/werd.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif

Re: I know what he is talking about.

Could he be talking about the open letter from Nats dad to Rmover? Thats the only thing I know about.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gifinteresting though....one poster (or should say "previous") had said time and time again, how terrible and ineffective Coach Gailey was, even after only TWO GAMES! I heard this person say to his face some very unkind words about CCG. Then also this "poster" took pride in telling me how he/she would phone him in Lousiana and how they discussed "this and that"...it made my stomache turn!!! NO FAN OF GEORGIA TECH should ever feel they have the right to take their idiotic stands to the parents AND student/athletes of our institution. This DID happen and it stinks. My two cents on this subject. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Ah, Bleedgold you might be talking about a former friend of your's and mine. I remember when the Dad was there and she/he said some unkind remarks about CCG must have been the BYU game in Atlanta. I also spoke to him and he was none to happy about some remarks that had been made. Did not know what he was talking about but remember it now.

Hey Old Foggy.....how have you been? Yes, it is the one and the same...two years ago to be exact...and that one person stepped over the line and said as much and now I am an "outsidder"...to that person's way of thinking that is. I could care...I am a VERY PROUD ALUM and fan of GT and always will be and when I hear anyone putting down anything concerning Tech, well, I will defend. This one particular person is mean spirited and promotes ill will. I will leave it at that. But it still riles me that someone dare call themselves a fan of GT and belittle its' staff. And Old Foggy...please stay in touch...still owe you a special ride in my "wreck"...best wishes sir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

Bleedgold, Yes I remember it now and well, it was Nats Dad. He is a nice fellow but believe he gave Nat some bad advice. She/He went so far as to tell me she/he made you into a fan and you had no ties to Tech. I later learned you were an alum I guess there is no end to her/his fibs. I guess I have some questions for you is she/he obsessed with her/his hatred for CCG and all things Tech? So why does she pass her/his self off as a Tech Fan? Yes I want the ride in you Ramblin Wreck.

Re: Where\'s the father with the football recruit?

I think it was in late November, early December that a fellow came on here and said something to the effect of "just wait until I can unload my stories about recruiting and Chan. But I can't say anything right now because I'm taking care of getting scholarships for players (son). But when the time is right I will."

It was in a very long thread, mostly full of complainers of Tech and Chan. The individual sounded bitter that Tech didn't offer his son (or teammate). But most importantly I was looking forward to real criticism from real insiders regarding real issues. I guess, once again, there's just not anything to it.

Re: Where\'s the father with the football recruit?

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was in late November, early December that a fellow came on here and said something to the effect of "just wait until I can unload my stories about recruiting and Chan. But I can't say anything right now because I'm taking care of getting scholarships for players (son). But when the time is right I will."

It was in a very long thread, mostly full of complainers of Tech and Chan. The individual sounded bitter that Tech didn't offer his son (or teammate). But most importantly I was looking forward to real criticism from real insiders regarding real issues. I guess, once again, there's just not anything to it.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes I remember that I'd like to hear what he has to say. If he has anything which I doubt.

Back