Where were you when Elvis died?

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Where were you When Reagan was shot?? How bout 9-11 Where were You? I remember vividly where i was each time when these events occured...

This was the biggest Recruiting weekend of the year...You recruits remember where you were When Saddam Hussein was captured...Of course remember the GREAT GT visit you had also...And go ahead and get it over and Commit NOW!!!!!

GT is the best place for you.....

On the can. It was really scary when I found out what happened to him there.

I was in Mrs. Martin's second grade class when they announced JFK had been shot over the intercom. School was dismissed for the day and I remember walking home and some of the gals crying.

Where were you when Curry left for Bama?
rolleyes.gif

Wasen'nt alive for kennedy or Elvis. 9/11 I remember like it was yesterday...The shower and my room(the Basement) was bieng worked on, so I had to shower upstairs. I was walking up to go shower, and get ready for work, my dad came out of his room, and said, "Michael, look at this, a small plane just crashed in to the world trsde ceter"(Thinking it was a small comuter plane, and had been an accident) moments later, we saw the second one hit live and in person. I was ACTUALLY ON MY WAY to work, on the south bound ramp of GA 400 mergeing on to go to work, when the news of the Pentegon plane came on the radio. Thast is a day, I, As well as EVERY american will remember where they were, and what they were doing. God Bless America! Good work today guys!!
drinking.gif

Originally posted by gnats67:
I was in Mrs. Martin's second grade class when they announced JFK had been shot over the intercom. School was dismissed for the day and I remember walking home and some of the gals crying.

Where were you when Curry left for Bama?
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I will have to confess i can't remember where i was..BUT i remember when i first heard i was OVERJOYED..GT had gone as far as Curry could ever take us IMHO...Ross proved me correct...I had the same EXACT feeling when it was announced that Oleary was leaving for Notre Dame...I felt he had taken us as far as he could and that the next coach could take us higher..I felt even better when Chan Gailey was named Head coach and even better when Chan named Tenuta as Dcordinator...

JFK: At home. I was three and all I can remember is my Mom crying. First time I saw her cry. Made me very scared.

9/11: Taking my mother to chemo. We were listening to 790 the Zone when the first one hit. Steak reported it as some numbskull flying his little plane into the building. Heard about the second one and the Pentagon from my secretary who called me.

Curry: Heard it from Mystery at The Cheetah Club.

Where were you when Arthur Blank did not harrass that woman?

I dont think ANY of these recruits will ever forget where they were!!!!

Come on Down Calvin and ALL others...

Romegajacket, don't you just hate it when you are not in the loop?

Father Time

The more important question is where were you when Jerry Garcia died?
wink.gif

"And now he's gone
Now he's gone, Lord he's gone
He's gone
Like a steam locomotive
Rolling down the track
He's gone, gone, and nothing's gonna bring him back
He's gone"

from... He's Gone
lyrics...Robert Hunter
music....Jerry Garcia

May he rest in peace.

Sorry to sound so sardonic, but, I was working(!!!!!) on each occasion. Not to belittle any of these incidents nor their life impacting importance, but just answering the question.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Where were you When Reagan was shot?? How bout 9-11 Where were You? I remember vividly where i was each time when these events occured...

This was the biggest Recruiting weekend of the year...You recruits remember where you were When Saddam Hussein was captured...Of course remember the GREAT GT visit you had also...And go ahead and get it over and Commit NOW!!!!!

GT is the best place for you.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey Blackwatch,
Not a bad sales pitch.
Keep up the good work!

Hey..I will have to say that is a GOOD sales pitch...

One thing is for SURE...The recruits we had in last weekend will NEVER forget where they were.....It is a GREAT thing for GT as it WAS our biggest recruiting weekend of the year..Most All of our top targeted recruits were there....They will ALWAYS remember where they were when Saddam was caught....

black watch...I know you are enthusiastic, but to correlate recruiting with Saddam is a bit of stretch...even for you.

But keep up the good work!

Originally posted by jacketpower:
black watch...I know you are enthusiastic, but to correlate recruiting with Saddam is a bit of stretch...even for you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're misunderstanding what he is saying. He's not saying that someone commiting to us is the same as catching Hussein, he's saying that they will always remember that they were at Tech when it happened.

Back