What's the easiest way to boost athletic dept. finances? FILL UP YOUR STADIUM! ️

We used to hit 50k fans on average…
Well not exactly since 2003 expansion to 55K (21 seasons) we have only had six season where we had 50K + and then a whole lot of 48K-49K until Goof Collins took us down to 36-38K. It is going to take a HOF effort to get us back to 48K, but man it could happen as fast as the next two seasons the way Coach Key has this thing going! (Knock on wood we stay injury free)

We have only avg 50K one time when COFH wasn't a home game on the schedule! We had Notre Dame at home that year.

The six CFB seasons that GT avg over 50K in season attendance was:

Chan Gailey Era
2003 - 52,862 (COFH Home)
2005 - 51,607 (COFH Home)
2006 - 50,617 (Notre Dame Home)
2007 - 50,215 (COFH Home)

Paul Johnson Era
2009 - 51,583 (COFH Home)
2015 - 50,706 (COFH Home)

Well not exactly since 2003 expansion to 55K (21 seasons) we have only had six season where we had 50K + and then a whole lot of 48K-49K until Goof Collins took us down to 36-38K. It is going to take a HOF effort to get us back to 48K, but man it could happen as fast as the next two seasons the way Coach Key has this thing going! (Knock on wood we stay injury free)

We have only avg 50K one time when COFH wasn't a home game on the schedule! We had Notre Dame at home that year.

The six CFB seasons that GT avg over 50K in season attendance was:

Chan Gailey Era
2003 - 52,862 (COFH Home)
2005 - 51,607 (COFH Home)
2006 - 50,617 (Notre Dame Home)
2007 - 50,215 (COFH Home)

Paul Johnson Era
2009 - 51,583 (COFH Home)
2015 - 50,706 (COFH Home)

2003,5,7, and 9 were the old cycle where Clemson and uga were both in same year.

2003 home schedule included Auburn, Clemson, and uga.

VPI, UL, UM, CU, UNC are not exactly filling up BDS the last six years.

Even when the team is good, the support isn't overflowing, in part due to the much smaller numbers of alumni/sidewalk fans/etc.

But, the last handful of years are much more attributable to TDope and Clown than any other factor. The season ticket holders around me have largely disappeared after year 1 of the Clown show. Unfortunately, it takes much more winning to bring them back. Let's hope that Coach Key and co. can continue to do that.

How many barrels of rum does it take to fill up Bobby Dodd Grant Hyundai Field Stadium? And how many tons of sugar to go along with it?

I feel like this actually isn't easy at all, otherwise we would've done it a long time ago.

I feel like this actually isn't easy at all, otherwise we would've done it a long time ago.

It's not easy, especially now with 85+ inch screens at home. OP is dead wrong, the easiest way to boost athletic dept. finances is to have donors pony up large amounts of cash.

How many barrels of rum does it take to fill up Bobby Dodd Grant Hyundai Field Stadium?

Trick question. BDS has holes and gaps, so to fill it you'd actually have to cover the entire Earth with rum to the height of Bobby Dodd Stadium. The good news is this simplifies the calculation; the bad news is we all die.

A_earth = 5.1 x 10^8km^2
V_bor = 159L
V_full ~= A_earth * h_bds
bor = V_full / V_bor

Just need to know the height of BDS (h_bds) and we can calculate it.

Trick question. BDS has holes and gaps, so to fill it you'd actually have to cover the entire Earth with rum to the height of Bobby Dodd Stadium. The good news is this simplifies the calculation; the bad news is we all die.

A_earth = 5.1 x 10^8km^2
V_bor = 159L
V_full ~= A_earth * h_bds
bor = V_full / V_bor

Just need to know the height of BDS (h_bds) and we can calculate it.
I’ve heard tell that the UN is tall enough for your piss stream to dissipate before striking the head of a dawg fan barking in Callaway Plaza. Does that work?

Even when the team is good, the support isn't overflowing, in part due to the much smaller numbers of alumni/sidewalk fans/etc.

But, the last handful of years are much more attributable to TDope and Clown than any other factor. The season ticket holders around me have largely disappeared after year 1 of the Clown show. Unfortunately, it takes much more winning to bring them back. Let's hope that Coach Key and co. can continue to do that.
I’d also argue that you need sustained success over a multiple year period where you are ranked in order to get it back

What a brilliant, insightful post. Why haven't we tried to sell tickets? Someone get this to the AD fast!!!

:bfd: :bfd: :bfd:

Back