We're #(3)1

Fail. UGA not #1. Have you heard about their new next Herschel Walker?

Auburn? Must have 'fire your coach' metric included.

Last edited:
For fun, here's a spreadsheet (because I love spreadsheets) comparing SBN's 2016 predictions to the final Sagarin rankings. I've listed the differential for each team, and grouped by conference.

It appears that in general, the SBN rankings over rate the P5 teams, since every conference had an average differential that was negative. And, as expected, the ACC had the best average differential in the P5, meaning that the conference is viewed more negatively than is reality.

It looks like GT had the 3rd highest jump in the rankings after Colorado and K-State.

If you see any mistakes between the listed Sagarin value and the actuals on the second tab let me know. I think I found most of the naming inconsistencies between the two, but I was in a hurry over lunch.

For fun, here's a spreadsheet (because I love spreadsheets) comparing SBN's 2016 predictions to the final Sagarin rankings. I've listed the differential for each team, and grouped by conference.

It appears that in general, the SBN rankings over rate the P5 teams, since every conference had an average differential that was negative. And, as expected, the ACC had the best average differential in the P5, meaning that the conference is viewed more negatively than is reality.

It looks like GT had the 3rd highest jump in the rankings after Colorado and K-State.

If you see any mistakes between the listed Sagarin value and the actuals on the second tab let me know. I think I found most of the naming inconsistencies between the two, but I was in a hurry over lunch.

If they've underestimated us by 31 spots this year as well...

NC State is ranked ahead of us. That's right, NC State.

Miami ahead of UGAg
72445442.jpg

What in the ever-living **** is Ole Miss doing at #26? Archie must have every single poll voter on speed dial and set up with his PayPal account.

Notre Dame and Texas after last year's catastrophe is another head-scratcher. I also like how the reigning champ goes down to #6 because NSEC.

Back