VT AD steps over HC Beamer

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
When Coach Beamer refused to say or do anything following the criminal convictions of 3 scholarshipped football players AD Jim Weaver stepped up with a statement. Weaver stated that punishment would ensue for 'values contrary to the University'.
All the young ones have appealed the convictions, but some form of 'behavior help' should follow, regardless of the outcome. Is VT out to dislodge FSU from the bottom of the 'football behavior' barrel?
Also, a good barb at NCAA President, Myles Brand, for his comment that the ACC took in Miami, Va Tech & Boston Coll for their academic fit. Huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AD Weaver makes statement on convictions

Tex, I've got to disagree.It is our concern.Maybe not a lot but they are in OUR Conference now and what they do or don't do reflects on us a little and maybe a lot depending on the situation. imho

I agree with AlabamaGold...

ANYTHING ACC concerns us...VT is now ACC and therefore anything pertaining to them concerns us and im interested in reading and hearing about it....Also It irks me to hear GT fans that root against an ACC team when they are playing an out of conference game...We should ALWAYS pull for the ACC team...EVERY ugag fan I know always pulls for the sec team that is playing an out of conference game...With the exception of the occasional jealous ugag fan that pulls against UF whenever they are playing...

In other words, when our conference does good, it looks good for GT and the rest of the ACC members....

Actually it is out of Beamer\'s hands....

VT policy is for the AD to handle these things, unlike GT where it is left up to the HC. Should Beamer have made a comment? Not necessarily. It might be completely appropriate to wait until the final judgment is in, unless he feels so strongly about it that he doesn't care what the final judgment is.

Lippord is usually anti-VT, anyway. The spin on the article is not surprising.

Back