Vad

Status
Not open for further replies.
because hitting someone in zone is at least better than a whiff and landing on your belly. No one said putting on their asses, I just want to get in their way. Our dives hit so quick that is all you ahve to do.

I didn't mean we would have to put them on their asses. I meant if our line is standing up probably half of them wind up on their asses.

Reminds me, Jordan Luallen made an appearance for Cincy while ago.

He's made a few "appearances." If I'm reading his stats right, this is what I see:

v Austin Peay - 0-0 passing, 4 rushes for 36 yards
v Akron - 0-1 passing, 5 rushes for 17 yards
v Louisville - 0-0 passing, 1 rush for 5 yards
v Syracuse - 2-3 passing for 10 yards, 8 rushes for 77 yards
v UConn - 0-0 passsing, 2 rushes for 9 yards

Could be, but I can't figure out how that would work. We had a basketball transfer this year from FSU, so I know there's not a rule against it. And it's not like recruits sign non-compete agreements.

Pierre Jordan had graduated from FSU and was free to play wherever as long as he enrolled in grad school.

Vad won't be going to NCSU if he transfers because Tech would never release him from his scholarship to go to an ACC school or UGa.

Uzzi is solid. The other two are below average and light.

McRae not starting, i think is part 1 - doghouse that established a perception years ago. and 2, for whatever reason, this staff is so used to TE type lineman than a bigger plugger center, that he may not be as good at dive technique cuts and as quick so they land him at 2. However when you watch the clemson game, it is TOTALLY evident up the middle running improved, and he actually did alot of drive blocking vs dive cut and I think its because he can't do the cut as often/efficiently. But he gets a push drive blocking and that is what you want, the hell with the style. This is why paul has to adjust his scheme to allow for BIG D1A lineman to come here, and be successful. By allowing drive and zone, you can get these boys in here and run this system and not wear them out doing cuts.

It makes sense to me, and with the bigger guys we will be able to establish up the middle more. Now, by the same token maybe we don't take out as many LB's in second level, but we do it enough to be adequate. Watch Wisconsins line, they are huge and CONSTANTLY block LB in the second level and pull on WR screens. Its the same deal.

Speaking of big lineman, do you have any insight into the Strength & Conditioning Program?

We get absolutely no push from the front 7 and we have discussed the lack of push from the offensive line.

To me that signals other teams are that much stronger than Tech players. And it is not like we starting true freshman on either line. DL had 13 years in the program between 3 starters. OL has at 3 years in program (I believe) at each position. Yet they are getting pushed around?

Something doesn't seem right with the S&C program, but what is your take?

Vad won't be going to NCSU if he transfers because Tech would never release him from his scholarship to go to an ACC school or UGa.

How can a scholarship be binding like that? I'm not sure they can force you not to go to another school.

Did I really read that no QB will be able to pass in this scheme?!!?! Tracy Ham sure was able to do it, Joe Hamilton wouldve been even more dominant than he already was. Improved QB play isn't the cure for all our ills but it would make a huge difference probably more than any other thing. The passes are there to make every week.

disagree. 1. Defense and 2. Line of Scrimmage are more important. QB is third.

The NCAA Transfer Guide is really informative:
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/TGONLINE2011.pdf

A scholarship player must receive written permission-to-contact from his or her school. If they don't receive the permission to contact, they can still transfer to any other school of interest, but they cannot receive an athletics scholarship for at least one year. Here's the exact text:
"If your current school does not give you written permission-to-contact, another school cannot contact you and encourage you to transfer. This does not preclude you from transferring; however, if the new school is in Division I or II, you cannot receive an athletics scholarship until you have attended the new school for one academic year.
Also, if your current school officials deny your request to permit another institution to contact you about transferring, they must tell you in writing that you have a right to appeal the decision. In that instance, a panel of individuals from your current school who are not involved in athletics will conduct a hearing to decide the issue"

So it seems Vad could still transfer to NC State but (1) he would not be able to contact the coaches there to find out if there was a spot for him on the team, and (2) he would be without a football scholarship for one year.

It's possible there are some ACC rules that make such a transfer even harder.

This may have been covered, but word on the street is that he's worried about Jody. Military guys will know what I'm talking about.

This may have been covered, but word on the street is that he's worried about Jody. Military guys will know what I'm talking about.
For the civilians among us, here is the definition from Urban Dictionary:
Jody. Term in the military for the guy at home ----ing your wife / girlfriend while you're deployed.

ha ha

Jody. Term in the military for the guy at home ----ing your wife / girlfriend while you're deployed.

ha ha

Can someone please just take Vad to the pony or cheetah and get him laid so he can get his f****** mind rite?

ha ha

moving closer to home will totally prevent this.
:rolleyes:

He shouldn't worry about it; he'll find her just like he left her.

Freshly f$%ed.

If you're having to worry that your girlfriend is sleeping around, then location isn't the problem. This is just in general...I have no clue whether this is the case for Vad.

I have no idea what is going on. Is he leaving or not?

Nobody knows anything. Nobody is adding anything people do not already know. If you start any post with "I don't know if this has already been covered", rest assured that it has been covered multiple times. Nobody is helping the matter with "clever" remarks that have been repeated five times either.

The answers are not here, just crap that will help him finalize a decision to leave if he were to read it.

Please let this thread die. We will all find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back