the OFFICIAL F$U "will not qualify" thread....

Re: the OFFICIAL F$U \"will not qualify\" thread....

I'm sure ugag will have their own if they don't already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
I'm glad we do it the right way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

If we can beat ugag, I will gladly settle for 2 or 3 non-Q's. Just coz a kid does not qualify does not mean you are cheating or doing something wrong, although it makes more sense to get kids who potentially might have fewer problems.

Doesn't matter texstinger, the ACC doesn't allow non-Qs, so you can't admit them anyway (at least on scholarship). Therefore the admissions office won't let them in either.

Good point texstinger

I'm not sure I want GT to be going after 2 or 3 guys who might be NQs each year, but not because I think there's something wrong with it. More because I think the investment is largely wasted at GT. The reason for that is that many of the places they can go to become qualifiers won't really prepare them for GT and so they end up going elsewhere. I think maybe 1 every couple of years or every three years wouldn't be bad. I'm all for taking an academic risk or two now and again, but we can't take as many as we had and not pay the price like we did.

I don't know if that is something we can do anything about, but I agree that there's nothing inherently wrong about having NQs in your recruiting class. Many of them do well to spend a year getting qualified and then become good students and do well in athletics.

However, I think one of the big complaints people have about the NQs is that they still get counted towards the quality of the recruiting class even though they won't be eligible to play that year. It's not important enough to me but I can see how that would irk folks.

is it just me, or do you find that ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS that teams have their own "Non-Qualifiers" thread. I sure am glad we dont have to have one....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Back