The Hate Week Armory

The AJC ran a picture after the '84 game of JD and CBiC.
I took it the next year to fan day for autographs. The signatures have faded, but are still visible though it's hard to see here.
20231120_181711.jpg

Anybody else keep a copy of the Technique from after that game?
In the weather map, every city had a high of 35. And a low of 18.
I had a copy but after lo these many years of travels and moves, no telling what became of it.

REM was already sick of Athens in 1985.
Dang. Who knew?

The original lyrics to the B-52's song was "VD Shack" until they realized everyone having the clap was an Athens thing.
well, it's not like Fred gave that to Cindy and Kate.
man, i think i better find my man card to turn in if I know the names of the folks in the B-52s.

well, it's not like Fred gave that to Cindy and Kate.
man, i think i better find my man card to turn in if I know the names of the folks in the B-52s.
If you know the lyrics to Song For A Future Generation, you'd also know Kate is a Taurus.

Watched that play from the end zone surrounded by stunned gaggers. Our OL was treating their DL like Ned Beatty. What as glorious day!
I sat in the old Fartecher section (thanks to a friend's Big Donor Dad's tickets....Dr. Sid) for the 1984 game in the cesspool. I have never seen happier old men than walking up the steps, in the 4th quarter. All these white haired, well dressed in white and gold peeps with contented smiles on their faces. Doc took us out to dinner in downtown Athens after the game......we were a happy table.

Back