Super Southern 100, Where they Went.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
Interesting stat I think. I listed the conferences and the # of SS100 guys they landed. This list is basically comprised of guys that the AJC puts together based on what Scott Kennedy and Jamie Newberg tell them. This is a good indicator as to where the top talent in our region is going.

SEC East:
UGA: 13
UF: 11
Tenn: 6
SC: 4
UK: 1
Vandy: 1

SEC West:
LSU: 8
Bama: 7
Ole Miss: 4
Auburn: 3
Arkansas: 1
Miss St.: 1

ACC:
FSU: 11
GT: 4
Miami: 3
NCST: 3
UNC: 2
Clemson: 2
Maryland: 1
UVA: 1
VT: 1
Wake: 0
Duke: 0
B.C.: 0

Other schools:
Michigan: 3
Notre Dame: 2
Louisville: 1
Southern Cal.: 1
Oklahoma: 1
Troy State: 1
JUCO: 1

Did Not sign: 2

What does this tell us? I think it says loud and clear that playing in the new ACC hasn't really been too much of a difference maker in selling the recruits to our conference YET. Now many of our schools are not in this region, but even so, the numbers are low. This will probably take a couple of years as the new rivalries take hold and kids see the product on TV.The SEC is still kicking butt here.

I think it does say that GT is holding their own on Southern Talent. This information combined with the fact that we signed more kids in the "Best of the Rest in State" than anyone else are pretty good indicators that were doing alright in the South talent pool which is easily the best talent pool. Anyway, stats are for losers.... and I AM A LOSER. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

BOR GREAT POST! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Those stats are very intersting. Tech has the second highest amount of SS 100 players in the ACC...i will take that any day.

GREAT JOB CHAN

This is not a bad way to look at SEC schools since they don't recruit much outside the south and it includes almost all of their recruiting turf (though LSU and Arkansas don't get a fair shake since Texas and Arkansas players aren't included.)

It's not very meaningful for comparing ACC recruiting since more of the schools recruit nationally and Virginia and Maryland players aren't included.

USA Today listed Richard at #93 or 94 of the top 100 in the country.

I enjoyed seeing that one.

I understand where you are coming from BUT that doesnt tell the whole picture...1st remember a lot of folks said that it would help GT ,FSU, and Clemson ( when going up against the sec )more than anyone else here in the South..I think it did help GT..A couple of recruits said so..Travis Chambers was the most vocal about it..He was quoted in the AJC as saying IT was the deciding factor on choosing GT OVER Lsu...I think what it might indicate IS that it hasnt helped Clemson that much...But I have NO doubt it will help in all of future classes...Newburg said it would help down the road..I dont know what he meant UNLESS he might be referring to our Champ. Game and the hype and buildup up to the game..i.e. the media coverage..

But, You may be right Bor that it will take time to be a BIG boon..Which I think it will..David Wiulson said at LB that He could already see it helping...It DID help GT some this year and HOPEFULLY more in the future...

One side note...I cant state this as fact as anyone can refute this..I find it very interesting that FSU (Hearing from fans and others) may have their BEST class in years...(UF has cleaned their clock the last couple of years under Zook as to recruiting) Miami according to some Newburg and their own fans are saying they have one of their best hauls...Do any of you think BOTH schools took UF in recruiting..Who knows if this NEW ACC played a factor..I think anyone would have to agree that NO doubt it will help going forward...I do think the hype will help a LOT more once we have our Champ. game in 2 years...

I think the Florida schools..

The Big 3 that is, all rank in the top ten with their signees. Scary!

I dont care what ANYONE says BUT..

you will NOT find a Roster at ANY school with more talent than FSU and Miami..(UF may come close as Zook has recruited even better than Spurrier although he is NOT the coach Spurrier was)...

Ive heard it said by Analysts on TV and I agree TOTALLY...The reason for the MINOR dip the last 2 years for these 2 schools WAS QB issues..As one ACC coach said.." That was the difference in FSU the last 2 years" It was the difference for Miami Last year after ALMOST reaching Dynasty status befor losing on a questionable call to Ohio State the year before in The Fiesta bowl...That is how one magazine described Miami....NO roster Including Lsu,Oklahoma and U.S.C. has the talent FSU and Miami have...The other 3 are close but NOT as good...Before you misunderstand me..Yes UF is real close but i still think UM and FSU are slightly better than UF....imho...

Back