Rising Seniors for next year!

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just doing a little more analysis looking into the future, we have 20 Juniors who will form the nucleous of our leadership for 2004. I was suprised at the number of players on this list that have been strong contributors to the program. Actually many more than our current class. Actually only a couple have not played much. They are:

Robby Brown (QB)
Adam Blizzard (SN)
David Smith (P)

The others have all seen the field for some pretty significant playing time.

The next level I will list are those that have played a good bit but have not been starters or big time contributors:

T. Anyansi
Nathan Burton
Jonathon Jackson
Chirod Williams
Andy Thompson

Next year will be the last chance for these guys to step and really make a strong contribution.

The others have all seen significant playing time and will be counted on to lead our team next year.

Nate Curry
Levon Thomas
Mark Logan
James Butler
Dennis Davis
Jimmy Dixon
Andy Tidwell-Neal
Andrew Economos
Nat Dorsey
Leon Robinson
Kyle Wallace
Darius Williams

Of this group it jumps out at your that 4 of our current starting Offensive Line will be back. (5 if you project Darius Williams as the starting tight end). That's the good news, we should be stout there next year but we better be grooming some replacements next year as well.

3 are receivers who will be counted on to really step up next year and help replace the lost productivity we will experience in losing Jonathon Smith.

Butler and Davis have been solid contributors on Defense and can help a lot with the younger guys coming along on that side of the ball.

If you compare this group to our current Seniors there are 12 significant contributors here as oppossed to 8 in the current Senior Class. Hopefully we can hold onto all of these guys and count on their leadership for an improved 2004 campaign.

Go Jackets!

Just from a cursory glance, these numbers scare me. We lose 20 people, and the classes behind them are short on numbers?

Correct me if I am wrong please, but I didn't realize the Junior class was that big. Interesting. We NEED to use all of our ships this year regardless.

Back