Reggie on late hit that caused concussion (link)

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Im not arguing with you i promise....

But 15 yard late hit penalities are part of the game and have been ever since Football has been played...Miami and Fsu have doled out quit a few hits thru the years....If a team is willing to take a 15 yard penalty then go for it...The fact is Football is a violent game and Def. Players are all the time trying to rough a player up..I doubt very seriously Richt had a game plan to take Reggie out...come on... he is a TRUE Frosh and in that 1st half MADE TRUE FROSH Mistakes that imho was the difference in the Game...He missed 2 wide open TD passes on 2 different series...Again, i dont like seeing us be whiners.....I bet ole Tenuta/Gailey will have us a Rockem Sockem defense over time that Other teams will be complaining about our hits...the key is to have Depth at QB in case your starter goes down...We didnt this year NOR when Fsu knocked Hamilton silly back then...I suspect we will have a good no.2 and no. 3 QB in the near future ((Looks like were still recruiting QB's) To say...Ok if your willing to risk a 15 yard penalty and give us great field position..Go Ahead...More often times than not..it doesnt knock the player out...And it darn sure gives the offense a BIG advantage with 15 extra yards....Just not SMART Football.....By the way,Unlike vSpurrier..i didnt see Gailey whining...Whining just makes us look bad....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
[QB]Lets not start sounding like Whiners .As Spurrier used to do when FSU beat him...

Spurrier's wasn't really whining as much as it was a setup, and it worked. He won the National Championship because of it.

Also, I noticed that this writer from Macon got the "your - you're" thing wrong in the next to the last sentence. If a professional writer can't get it right, I guess the members of this board shouldn't be expected to either.

Golftango...Spurrier Whined EVERY year after he lost to FSU....He hated Mickey Andrew as much as Bowden...They just play Rockem Sockem Football like our Blackwatch did....

The replay looks like Ball purposely hit one of the mutt's coaches after the run. Nice job, I say!

One thing is certain, he was standing right in front of our section in the second cheering the crowd on bigtime.

Must not have been a bad concussion.

Ball just didn't seem too phased or hurt when cheering. I thought concussions took people out for longer periods. I know they are easier to get after you get one...or something like that.

So, I guess you are right. I don't know much about them...ready to be enlightened...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

But 15 yard late hit penalities are part of the game and have been ever since Football has been played....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They are not "part of the game" any more than giving the other team's fans the finger are part of the game or punching players in a pileup are part of the game or making cell phone calls from the end zone are part of the game. That's the whole point, it's ILLEGAL, that makes it not part of the game. You can call it smart if you want, but by the rules of the game it is not sportsmanlike.

Also, it's ridiculous to say it's been there as long as there has been football. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Kids used to get killed playing football, and it was nearly outlawed. Things like helmets and rules against clipping and late hits exist to keep the players healthy and maintain the game as a sport instead of a death match.

Originally posted by jacketpower:
The replay looks like Ball purposely hit one of the mutt's coaches after the run. Nice job, I say!

One thing is certain, he was standing right in front of our section in the second cheering the crowd on bigtime.

Must not have been a bad concussion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You obviously didn't see him take a knee shortly before going to the locker room. The kid looked sick.

Lets not start sounding like Whiners .As Spurrier used to do when FSU beat him...

We will have our shot at laying some licks on ugag's QB's soon...The defense Gailey/Tenuta is recruiting and building will be laying some serious hits in the near future....

Complaining about ILLEGAL hits that cause injuries is whining? That's ridiculous.

Back