Redshirt ?

Patriot

Varsity Lurker
Can someone please tell me which players received a redshirt this year? Thanks

Grant (this is the biggee all are excited about..No.2 rated rb coming out of HS) Carter,Newberry,Parker,Rhodes,Tuminello,Oliver...Im not sure about the others......

Any news on Newberry's progress. Are these all that we redshirted? What about Dunlap and others?

I'm thinking the gold-shirted ones are:
Pupello, Parker, Carter, Grant, Rhodes, Roberson,
Newberry, Tuminello, and Oliver.

Meaning Wheeler, Wrotto, Ball, Dunlap, Hall,
Anoai, Williams, Gaston, Scott, Fleurdor, and
Moore will be Soph.

Originally posted by Patriot:
Any news on Newberry's progress. Are these all that we redshirted? What about Dunlap and others?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've heard that Newberry's progress is going very well.

Patroit - I haven't found anyone that really knows - we are all speculating on several players.

For instance on Dunlap - yes, he did play, but he was only credited with playing in the first part of the year. Hence he may be eligible for a redshirt if he was 'injured' during the year. (Of course this happened several times under O'leary, noteably to Bilbo who was granted a redshirt year even tho he played about 20 snaps vs Navy). No one seems to know the details on Dunlap.

Not 100% sure on Williams and Fleuridor as well.

Of course we know for certain about Grant, Carter, Parker, Rhodes, Tuminello and Oliver being 'shirted.

And we know that Ball, Wrotto, Hall, Moore, Anoai, Gaston, Wheeler and Scott are not eligible.

The other 3 (Dunlap, Williams, Fleuridor), I think there is some speculation, but not 100% certain either way.

We redshirted all 3 Olinemen...Parker,Rhodes, and Tuminello....Im not so sure Oliver would not be a candidate to move over to the Dline...One of the GREAT things about bringing in all these DEF.Linemen is that it gives us flexibilty to move some over to the Oline...Def. Linemen are usually successful when moved over there (If they have the Body Size) because of their Quickness..Pillar was a good example of this..He came to us as Definsive lineman but transferred over to UF and became an Outstanding Offensive lineman and all sec...

Pretty darn sure that Atljacket is correct. The rFr will be Carter, Grant, Newberry, Oliver, Parker, Pupello, Rhodes, Roberson & Tuminello.
Several true Fr used what could've been their redshirt yr just playing on a couple of Special Teams. Venice Williams & Chris Reis also move to Jr yrs as STers, although Reis did play in a few games as a nickel back.

Back