Recruits

Sting4724

Flats Noob
This is most updated list of recruits I could find. Who out of these are gonna contribute immediately to the program?

NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN/SCHOOL STATE
-Elris Anyaibe DL 6'3 275 DeSoto Texas
-Taylor Bennett QB 6'3 200 Ballwin (Lafayette Senior) Mo.
-Travis Chambers LB 6'0 220 Chamblee Ga.
-Gary Cismesia PK 5'10 210 Bradenton (Lakewood Ranch) Fla.
-Michael Cox RB 6'2 250 Lewisberry (Red Land) Pa.
-Justin Guadagni LB 6'0 230 Glassport (South Allegheny) Pa.
-Gary Guyton LB 6'4 220 Hinesville (Bradwell Institute) Ga.
-Jamal Lewis DB 6'0 175 Jonesboro Ga.
-Jacob Lonowski OL 6'5 275 Elkhorn Neb.
-Kyle Manley QB 6'3 185 Buford Ga.
-Eric Williams DB 6'3 190 Metter Ga.

This is a more complete list of commitments. Taylor Bennett has selected not to honor his commitment but could waffle again, but for now I am not counting on him being a member of our recruiting efforts.

Committed/Not Yet Signed

Name Pos Stars RR Ht/Wt Rank Hometown
Elris Anyaibe OL 5.1 6-3/260 NR DeSoto, TX
David Brown DE 5.9 6-3/255 6 Madison, AL
Travis Chambers LB 5.4 6-1/215 NR Chamblee, GA
Gary Cismesia K 5.4 5-11/209 15 Parrish, FL
Mike Cox RB 5.4 6-2/248 NR Lewisberry, PA
Michael Fisher QB - 6-2/187 NR Nashville, TN
Justin Guadagni LB 5.4 6-1/228 NR Glassport, PA
Gary Guyton LB 5.3 6-4/220 NR Hinesville, GA
James Johnson WR 5.1 5-11/180 NR Ocoee, FL
Jamal Lewis DB 5.0 6-0/175 NR Jonesboro, GA
Jacob Lonowski OL 5.1 6-5/275 NR Elkhorn, NE
Kyle Manley QB 5.0 6-3/185 NR Buford, GA
A.J. Smith DE 5.2 6-6/225 NR Tampa, FL
Eric Williams DB 5.3 6-3/190 NR Metter, GA

To answer your question, in my opinion of these commitments those most likeley to help based on our current needs and the buzz associated with their talent are:

1) David Brown - could play as a freshman to bolster our Defensive Line.

2) Travis Chambers - we will need LB's next year and back up LB's.

3) Gary Cesmesia - if he can kick the ball in the endzone on kickoffs and is accurate on Field Goals he will challenge our current talent at that position.

4) Mike Cox - if he is a tough guy fullback that can knock a linebacker on their butt on a consistent basis. We don't seem to have one of those with our current group of 6 or so Fullbacks.

As for the rest, my take on them is more than likely redshirts which is not a bad thing. The differentiator in playing right away or not is the size of the heart, desire and non-stop motor each of these guys brings to the table. Some display that early, others later and in fact some never will display it.

Go Jackets!

JTJ,

It appears that our most glaring need is some 'hawgs' for the o-line. If we don't sign four or five solid o-linemen we will be in trouble down the road, in my opinion.

I agree BeeWare. We might have to reconsider moving some defensive linemen to the o side if we don't add some bigger numbers here. When I look at the list of those we are currently recruiting, most appear to be smaller, project types that we will need to bring in and grow for a couple of years. Unfortunately our big offensive line needs will manifest themselves in 2005 and based on what's in the current pipeline, our numbers are a concern.

The other big need in this class are playmakers. A top notch wide receiver and a top notch running back would have a real good shot at playing right away at Tech. I hope we get Calvin Johnson and find a stud running back over the next few weeks.

Go Jackets!

whats the latest news on Philip Hyde(rb)?, and OG Justin Decker...know we have been pretty high with him. And if we reel in C Johnson with Sean Walker, we'll be a force...strong chance for all these!!

JtJ,

Michael Fisher is coming to GT on a baseball scholarship - in order to play football, he would require a football scholly.

In response to Beeswax's question:

We are recruiting all 3 of these guys. I think you mean Darius Walker rather than Sean. Decker is said by many to be a silent commitment to Tech already if not he is leaning to Tech heavily. Not much information on him since he is out of Ohio. Probably a player to bring in and grow into a starter by his Junior year in my opinion.

Hyde is a well thought of RB out of Sandy Creek the same school as Calvin Johnson. We may be recruiting him for leverage with Calvin but he looks to have some strong talent on his own. Not regarded in the upper echelon of Running Backs coming out this year by the recruiting gurus.

Walker is rated 26th best in the nation. We are recruiting him and have a commitment from his teammate Kyle Manley. He does not list us in his top 5 but we have 7 weeks to try and change that.

Just my thoughts on your question.

Go Jackets!

Thanks Jerry...just havent heard news on them lately, and was curious...met Hyde recently, strong as an oxe.

Back