Recruiting Updates (Calvin Johnson, Rory Nicol, Amos Gblunbee)

D

Damarius

5 star reciever Calivin Johnson enjoyed his visit to GT. He likes the players and the education. He will visit UGA in January.

Profile: http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=652459

Number 2 TE end in the country Rory Nicol visited GT this week and he enjoyed himself. He said it was fun, but GT didn't have the kind of atomoshpere as his two leaders, Ohio State and Florida.

Profile: http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=661918

One of the best TE in the state of Texas, Amos Gblunbee visited GT this weekend. He said it was a good trip and it was what he expected. He will visit his other leaders in the next few months. We are at the top of his list.

Profile: http://georgiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=21853

More Updates are coming

Thanks Damarius...Keep the updates coming and please tell us ALL you can from what the insiders say or quote the players as saying....I and many of us refuse to pay for their premium service and would appreciate all your info....You are a very good fan....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Thanks Damarius...Keep the updates coming and please tell us ALL you can from what the insiders say or quote the players as saying....I and many of us refuse to pay for their premium service and would appreciate all your info....You are a very good fan....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I will try.

BW...why not pony up if it is so important to u verses getting other posters who pay their money to over quote copyrighted material...?

Enjoy your posts by the way...just a thought.
wink.gif

I am disapointed about Nicol, I have read a lot of good things about him and I was hoping that we would be able to land a great recruit that we would be able to watch get some early PT.

Keep your hopes up about Johnson, alot of my friends who follow UGAg think he is coming to Tech as well over Georgia.

Do any of you guys remember the good old days when u didnt have to pay for anything about recruiting? yeah those were good days

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Black Watch,

That's a rather pathetic attitude. The guys who
gather that info make a real effort to put it
together. The folks at both Rivals and Insiders
spend time on the phone that could be spent with
family these days.

If you don't want to subscribe to any services,
then you should make yourself content with info that
is part of the public domain.

Damarius,

Don't let people milk your subscriptions to the
various services by claiming to be your friend or
lavishing you with praise and compliments. All
they are trying to do is find someone to leech off of.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

family these days.

Damarius,

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">sorry crackerjacket. Im stopping from now on

So now, even if we subscribe to one of the recruiting services, we are not to discuss any recruiting information that may, in some way, step on the toes of the service? Hey, these guys better know that in the medium they work in things like that will happen.

sorry crackerjacket. Im stopping from now on
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Damarius,

Don't take that as a reprimand. I don't think your
posts have really included anything that isn't public.

The real reprimand in that post was aimed at those
who would take advantage of your generosity for
their own personal gain.

Crackerjacket....I could care less what you think and WHERE you spend your money...and you have it wrong!!!! Damarius is a great GT fan and his posts ( most of which have not given us for subscription info.)are always enjoyed here by most..Damarius...Dont buy into this guys distorted depiction of me...Regardless of whether you give us any of your subscription info..I enjoy hearing your EXCITEMENT about GT...A FEW folks around here need to follow your fine example...You young man are a very nice individual who has NEVER cut or bashed anyone here...One day i would love to shake your hand....Dont kid yourself, Crackerjacket read some prior posts i made and disagreed with some issues and is attacking now..But Damarius regardless if you give us any more info..You keep posting and keep up your kind spirit and you will go very far in life young man!!!!

Originally posted by JJacket:
So now, even if we subscribe to one of the recruiting services, we are not to discuss any recruiting information that may, in some way, step on the toes of the service? Hey, these guys better know that in the medium they work in things like that will happen.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Direct quotes from subscription services is poor form IMHO.
People can discuss public domain info all they want.

Taking advantage of someone's generosity is even
worse form IMHO.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As ive said before...Most of these so called recruiting gurus are in it for the MONEY...It is nice after a visit to get some comments a recruit makes but as far as taking their evaluations of Talent ala the star system i dont put much credence in them..Yes i like to hear a recruits comments after a visit and if someone is nice enough to give the info then so be it...But this crackerjack dude is hillaruous and doesnt understand the free enterprise system...Anyone that wants to quote something they read..has that American right to do so...By the way according to this Cracker guy DONT anybody quote newspaper or magazine articles anymore to us that dont subscibe to them..we dont deserve the info..because we dont subscibe to them...Wow..how ludicrous....

Black Watch,

In all honesty, I've considered you one of the guys carrying on the "good fight" over here. I
was surprised to see you requesting copyrighted
information from someone who has paid for their access. I thought more highly of you than that.

Unfortunately, your reaction only reinforces my
opinion. You lavish even more praise on Damarius
in an obvious "damage control" effort while trying to discredit me.

That's fine. I've had better people say worse to
me before.

Having said that, keep up the effort against the nabobs here.
wink.gif

Crackerjacket....I could care less what you think and WHERE you spend your money...and you have it wrong!!!! Damarius is a great GT fan and his posts ( most of which have not given us for subscription info.)are always enjoyed here by most..Damarius...Dont buy into this guys distorted depiction of me...Regardless of whether you give us any of your subscription info..I enjoy hearing your EXCITEMENT about GT...A FEW folks arounf here need to follow your fine example...You young man are very nice individual who has NEVER cut or bashed anyone here...One day i would love to shake your hand....Dont kid yourself Crackerjacket read some prior posts i made and disagreed with some issues and is attacking now..But Damarius regardless if you give us any more info..You keep posting and keep up your kind spirit and you will go far in life young man!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

To keep you placated, from now on well just say that a certain player, who would play offense or defense, might have enjoyed his visit or maybe not - maybe. If he really did visit (provided we didn't get the information about his visit from the service - If I learn about the visit at the service, mum's the word.).

To keep you placated, from now on well just say that a certain player, who would play offense or defense, might have enjoyed his visit or maybe not - maybe. If he really did visit (provided we didn't get the information about his visit from the service - If I learn about the visit at the service, mum's the word.).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds like a Monty Python skit.

There are people who can't afford to pay for something like a recruiting service, but love GT just as much as the next guy.

I, for one, do not subcribe to a recruiting service. I don't call out people for what they don't do in regards to being a fan. I donate a considerable amount to GT each year, but you don't hear me asking you what you gave last year.

We all have different priorities for different reasons. Every thing from kids and business to budget-Nazi spouses or other hobbies altogether.

I don't like it one bit when one GT fan acts like another GT fan is not as "good" a fan for one reason or another. That's a good way for us to have less fans.

Originally posted by techfowl:
There are people who can't afford to pay for something like a recruiting service, but love GT just as much as the next guy.

I, for one, do not subcribe to a recruiting service. I don't call out people for what they don't do in regards to being a fan. I donate a considerable amount to GT each year, but you don't hear me asking you what you gave last year.

We all have different priorities for different reasons. Every thing from kids and business to budget-Nazi spouses or other hobbies altogether.

I don't like it one bit when one GT fan acts like another GT fan is not as "good" a fan for one reason or another. That's a good way for us to have less fans.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TECHFOWL...You hit on some good points....And to think someone has the audacity to call UVA the snobs......

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

family these days.

Damarius,

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your statement to Blackwatch I have no problem with other than I'm sure many of us could do without the way you've gone about it with your pathetic attitude remark.

You're way out of line to tell Damarius what to do in the manner you just did. Makes me sick honestly. It's not what you set out to do. It's how you went about it.

Your attitude has gotten.... well lets just say less than humble.

You probably mean well, but you are coming across very arrogant. All this about people milking claiming bla bla is out of line.

You for one don't know the relationship with Damarius and some here.

I have more to say, but need to head to Atlanta for LB.

GO JACKETS!

GTTerrific, It's GREAT to see you post again. Been missing the HECK outta you this season.

Gimme a call or e-mail at least!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

This opinion in no way refers to Damarius in any way. It appears that many of you know him personally.

However, leeching premium site info and wanting it posted on a free board is less than stand up.

How is this any different than stealing a newspaper after the guy in front of you puts in his $.50? Is it any different than pirating a copy of a software program? How about waiting for the mailman at my house to steal my Golf Digest. Is that OK?

If someone refuses to subscribe to a premium service, that's fine but to then clamor for the information free of charge is just wrong.

These guys are trying to make a living doing what they do.

I wouldn't have a problem with sharing info one to one from time to time, but to broadcast it to the public would be putting these guys out of business.

I happily subscribe to a premium service, and will continue to pay for it as long as the product is worth it. I am sure that's what the providor had in mind when he started.

Back