Question for you recruiting experts ....

Im thinking the recruiting Gurus will rank us..

5th or 6th out of the 12 teams. On the radio I heard Newburg say that Miami was best in the Nation..BUT..Im hoping With Chan's eye for talent he will produce Bobby Ross type results ON THE FIELD and in 4 years we can look back and say this was a top 3 ACC Class....

Re: Im thinking the recruiting Gurus will rank us.

5th or 6th ? Really ?

Who , other than FSU and Miami has had abetter recruiting year ?

Personally, I think we filled our needs better than I could have imagined. Maybe thats why it seems so good this year to me...I have a feeling we'll do better with this class than 5th or 6th

Doubt we rank too highly. NCState finished strong, UVA and MD had good years, Miami and FSU of course. I think UNC and VaTech had more guys ranked higher than us. But OTOH, I don't worry about 10 spots on the "experts" class rankings. I don't think you can differentiate that much. I think we filled our needs and got some guys who can play. And they'll all be able to enroll (grades) and hopefully stay eligible and contribute.

The drop in "stars", once you get past about the top 15, is very minimal. If you have any experience with sadistics, you'd see that you are averaging a small block of athletes so 1 or 2 athletes can really make an impact on the number of "stars" that you get.

On rivals, we are at 2.22 average stars at 56th. Alabama is at number 15 at 2.89 stars, so we're down .67 of a star to Alabama on average. I don't think that is much seperation, maybe a recruit or two having another star. Here is how they averaged out in the ACC

FSU 3.59
Miami 3.36
Maryland 3.00
BC 2.80
NC State 2.89
NC 2.58
Virginia 2.74
VT 2.74
Clemson 2.38
GT 2.22
Puke 2.08
Wake 2.19

We rank much higher on the defensive side of the ball, if you follow the stars.

It's also funny that 2 of UGAg's recruits that are listed as NR at their position and do not have a Rivals Ranking (RR) are still listed as 3 star recruits.

I doubt that B Miller would be a five star player

as a WR either. Should they rerank him as a three star WR since that is where he will be playing LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

JJacket, Insiders shows that each and every ugag

recruit, including their only 2 star guy rec'd offers from numerous majors. Scary. THWG

thats the key, Goldrush

you've got to fill your needs. of course you want some of the top "athletes" out there too, but you HAVE TO fill your needs

these "analyists" dont do enough analyzing to know who needed what. the grade does not reflect on how well you did compared to what you needed, just how well you did on the kids that supposedly 'everybody' wanted

only 14% of college all-americans were ranked in the top 50 of their class coming out of high school

trust Chan, not Newberg - or otherwise Newberg would be a recruiting coordinator or director of player personnel

Just remember

those who can, do...those who can't write about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Guy from Fox Sports South was on the radio in NC

When asked about rating the classes in the ACC - he first stated he hasn't done all his work yet to be conclusive - but he then grouped the classes into Miami/FSU clearly superior with MD very close behind. He then lumped GT in with UVA/UNC/NCSU/VT/GT as the group behind them. This was for a NC audience.

So the idea we will be picked 5th / 6th is probably about right. Might be a spot or 2 lower but really irrelevent.

It also depends on how you rate the number of recruits we have versus the number of stars. NCSU has more avg. stars than us but a relatively small class.

More than anyone else in that middle group, we have a lot of "diamonds in the rough" that will take a redshirt year and a bit of time to see what we really have. So IMO all we can expect is that the services say we have legit talent, filled our needs but don't have the number of high profile kids the other programs have. We have the poster child recruiting class for the expression "see me in a couple of years" and we'll know then whether it was a good or great class.

Back