QB TaQuan, BB Jordan?

Going into Fall practice the money was on giving UT a heavy dose of dive and midline with Jordan and Mills. Without knowing who CPJ saw as #1 QB ahead of the Mills departure it's hard to know if the departure will change CPJ's QB decision but it may.

Getting the mesh right is important to making the offense run smoothly. Should Tech go into the opener with both a untested QB and BB? If CPJ has been leaning towards new QB + Mills maybe he has to go back to Jordan with untested BB.

Getting the mesh right is important to making the offense run smoothly. Should Tech go into the opener with both a untested QB and BB? If CPJ has been leaning towards new QB + Mills maybe he has to go back to Jordan with untested BB.

Counterpoint: I would imagine the other non-Jordan QBs have been practicing a lot more with the non-Mills RBs, so maybe TaQuan and Howard (for example) would have a better "mesh relationship" at this point.

(this counterpoint is probably stupid)

These guys take reps in practice. They know the offense. They know what they were getting into when they came to play football at GT. I say, let them play.

Counterpoint.jpg

Why would you think Matthew Jordan is a better BB than Jerry Howard or Jordan Ponchez-Mason? Both those guys are physical, hard-to-tackle running backs who seem made for the position.

Our depth is not like the Preston Lyons or David Sims days. I don't think there's any chance we see Matthew Jordan at BB.

Matthew Jordan can't do this:

Counterpoint: I would imagine the other non-Jordan QBs have been practicing a lot more with the non-Mills RBs, so maybe TaQuan and Howard (for example) would have a better "mesh relationship" at this point.

(this counterpoint is probably stupid)

Not a stupid counterpoint. Boils down to which combos have been getting the most practice time together on the mesh.

I'm not saying he's better than mills, but Jerry Howard is going to ease a lot of butts when y'all see him tote the rock.

You know - the quantum leap is good for 4 yards - maybe just back up the Bback a little for a running start and let Qua play it.

PJ told us the BB depth in a post-practice interview, basically. Right now it's KirVonte, Quaide, Howard, Mason. KirVonte hasn't practiced due to injury but is due back Monday. Supposed to be the fastest of the four.

Watching JH's highlights, it's easy to think that was an 'S' and not a '5' on his jersey.

Brady Swilling will play at BB before Jordan will, even if Jordan is supplanted at QB

Back