Potential Split National Championship

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
If FSU wins their bowl game, I think they'll hang a national champions banner, and I'll support it. Who's to say that a power 5 team that went undefeated, won their conference championship, and beat a top OOC foe in a NY6 bowl game can't call themselves national champions?

Of course, first they have to take care of business in their bowl game.

Tough to win all your games, win a conference championship, beat two SEC teams and get left out in favor of a one loss SEC team because another SEC team knocked your QB out with a dirty hit.

If FSU wins their bowl game, I think they'll hang a national champions banner, and I'll support it. Who's to say that a power 5 team that went undefeated, won their conference championship, and beat a top OOC foe in a NY6 bowl game can't call themselves national champions?

Of course, first they have to take care of business in their bowl game.
They totally should in that case, and I’d also support them in doing so (as much as I don’t care for them). And every ACC school should do the same.

Remember this happened to UCF, who went on to beat Auburn in their bowl game. I think they claim the National Championship from that year. Excluding an unbeaten P5 champion is a new level of injustice though.

Remember this happened to UCF, who went on to beat Auburn in their bowl game. I think they claim the National Championship from that year. Excluding an unbeaten P5 champion is a new level of injustice though.
UCF went undefeated in 2017, then beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Went undefeated again in 2018 and still didn’t make the playoffs (lost the Fiesta Bowl by 1 score to LSU).

The difference is that UCF didn’t play anyone those seasons. Only played #20 Memphis in 2017 and #24 Cincinnati in 2018.

FSU this season went undefeated including #5 LSU, #16 Duke, and #14 Louisville. The last 8 weeks, they were #3 or #4 in both polls. They then beat a Top 15 team by 10 points in a Power 5 championship game using a 3rd string QB, but somehow got leapfrogged by the #8 team.

Similar but they didn’t have the same OOC victories as explained above. How are you gonna just let Alabama’s game against Auburn slide while punishing FSU for their UF game?

Similar but they didn’t have the same OOC victories as explained above. How are you gonna just let Alabama’s game against Auburn slide while punishing FSU for their UF game?
I seriously wonder if the Committee would've put Georgia in if Auburn hadn't muffed that punt or given up 4th and 31

I seriously wonder if the Committee would've put Georgia in if Auburn hadn't muffed that punt or given up 4th and 31
Probably not. They do like conference champs. But you never know. It’s certainly possible.

UCF went undefeated in 2017, then beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Went undefeated again in 2018 and still didn’t make the playoffs (lost the Fiesta Bowl by 1 score to LSU).

The difference is that UCF didn’t play anyone those seasons. Only played #20 Memphis in 2017 and #24 Cincinnati in 2018.

FSU this season went undefeated including #5 LSU, #16 Duke, and #14 Louisville. The last 8 weeks, they were #3 or #4 in both polls. They then beat a Top 15 team by 10 points in a Power 5 championship game using a 3rd string QB, but somehow got leapfrogged by the #8 team.
Jumped by both #7 and #8 teams

Back