POLL: What is the probability we beat Duke in 2018?

What is the probability we beat Duke in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Oct 13 vs Duke - TBD PM ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Louisville
Next game: Virginia Tech
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI: 30
GT / Duke FPI Differential: +0.0

Another game that is a toss-up statistically as indicated in the FPI. Since we are home for this one, we should be a slight favorite.

Duke was a really young team last year, and they will still be a young, but slightly more experienced, team this season. Their early season schedule is strange, with 4 non-conference games before VT two weeks before our game. And they have a bye week before us, of course!

After going into the locker room at 20 a piece last season, Cutcliffe once against embarrassed GT with a second half 23-0 shutout, making it the worst ACC loss of the season (although the UVA game might be considered worse given the expectations going in).

I'm looking for some sweet, sweet revenge for last year's game.

Last edited:
GT has 6 home games and the Clemsons are one of them.

If the Defense has been upgraded as been talked about I can see GT going winning 9 games with a +1.

Just dont lose to South Florida in Tampa.

This will be a tough game. Duke opens against Army, whose offense is similar to ours, and they have an open date the week before our game. Furthermore, their strengths will be matched against our apparent weaknesses.

This is what we've become. A tough game with Duke.

Long live Coach Johnson.

Really, I don't see many GT fans posting that!

You probably posted a 50% chance on the p

Long live PJ

So quad Os to you, Dis!

This is what we've become. A tough game with Duke.

Long live Coach Johnson.
I’m just glad we beat UCF last year. Only team to beat the Natty Champs, bodes well for our game against them in Tampa on 9/8, I hate Friday games!

I’ll trade the occasional loss to Duke for our wins against Clemson/FSU/UGA since CPJ got here. Although I suppose we’ve been beating Clemson forever.

Back