Oregon St to get nearly $1 million for LSU gm

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Ore St was a late, late replacement when Va Tech wanted to change it's repay game @ LSU from this yr to '07. The Beavers cashed in by taking the money as the replacement game without requiring a return gm from the Bengal Tigers.
The game will be shown on national TV by ESPN & ESPN will bring their College Gameday show to Baton Rouge. For a fill-in road game, Oregon St will be getting the most exposure they've ever gotten, with the possible exception of the Fiesta Bowl vs Notre Dame, and a lot of cash.
Would Ga Tech have been better off, as a football program, to have taken this game rather than lining up Samford for a home gm??? (Remember when O'L took the visit to Notre Dame to start the '97 season, moving the Citadel gm, for the national exposure & we only had 5 home gms that yr?)

LSU/Ore St on national TV

Don\'t know

but it was probably a casting call put out by ESPN who already had the VT @ LSU game set for broadcast. When VT wanted to change, ESPN had to find a new TV partner for LSU @ Baton Rouge. I'd imagine the Network let as many schools as possible know so that they could find a good suitor for the spot. I'm positive a bunch of non-BCS conference schools would've jumped out of their socks for that kind of exposure & payday, but ESPN wanted a high profile gm to replace the high profile gm that was being delayed for 3 yrs. My guess is GT had as good of a shot to take this game as Oregon St did.

I could not fathom the complaining if GT did this

We would be hearing ad-nasuem how Braine had sold the GT football program out for cash, comparing us to the likes of Wake Forest and Duke, who had sold home games with F$U before the conference banned the practice.
Boy would the negative spin-meisters been all over this.

Re: I could not fathom the complaining if GT did this

Maybe so but it would be cool to see.

i\'m sure we weren\'t considered given that...

Frankly, we wouldn't give LSU a game in the season opener. They'd beat us by 30. Minimum.

Re: i\'m sure we weren\'t considered given that...

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: YodaBee
Subject: Re: i'm sure we weren't considered given that...

Frankly, we wouldn't give LSU a game in the season opener. They'd beat us by 30. Minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think that we will win all of our games until we actually lose. That is called being " positive "That way I actually have something to look forward to on game day. Instead of writing the game off as a loss. If you just expect to lose all the time then I guess you are just happy to win a few. I am not. I want to win every game, and I think that there is always a chance to do so. Even though we are speaking hypothetically, I would still like to think that Tech would prevail. Don't you have any faith, YodaBee.

" Do or do not, there is no try."

Re: i\'m sure we weren\'t considered given that...

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, we wouldn't give LSU a game in the season opener. They'd beat us by 30. Minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Auburn supposed to do that?

Back