Official NYD Bowl Thread

I think he lifted his heel to establish inbounds
I assume the whole foot that was out has to be off the ground before you can reestablish. Similar to how if your toes come down in bounds first it's not a catch if your heel then comes down out of bounds.

I assume the whole foot that was out has to be off the ground before you can reestablish. Similar to how if your toes come down in bounds first it's not a catch if your heel then comes down out of bounds.

That’s not true, as lots of TDs have been called with only toes dragging the ground before the guy touches out of bounds.

Alabama looks better in white uniforms.

The B1G is a joke. They would not be one of the “top” conference without constant ESPN propaganda

Don’t have a preference but would be sweet to hear the gaggers cry they should have been there if Michigan could thump Bama.

Surprised at Michigan’s team speed … usually Big Ten can’t match SEC speed but Michigan looks fast.

The B1G is a joke. They would not be one of the “top” conference without constant ESPN propaganda
They make a great foil for their product especially with all the contractually obligated bowl matchups.

Dang, Mich has got some defensive speed.

Alabama runs the ball for a TD. Obviously, throwing the ball is the plan now.

That’s not true, as lots of TDs have been called with only toes dragging the ground before the guy touches out of bounds.

I don't think so. Definitely if the toe touches first, then comes off the ground, then he hits the ground -- touchdown. Or if the toe touches inbounds, no other part of that foot touches out of bounds, and then another part of his body touches out -- touchdown.

But not if the toe touches first and then the heel comes down out without that foot leaving the ground first. If that happens, it's considered being out of bounds even though the front part of the foot hit inbounds first.

Back