New WR commit per Insiders

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Insiders says that WR Patrick Clark of J'ville, Fla has committed to GT. They only give Clark a 1-star, but look at his list of offers; Michigan St, Ole Miss, etc. He does seem a little small & not that fast for a small guy, but big-time programs have already offered him, so maybe big-time Head Coaches know more than Insiders does.

GT has a new recruit

I'll take offers over stars any day. Those other HC's have a lot more to lose by being wrong than do the recruiting services. THWG

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Insiders says that WR Patrick Clark of J'ville, Fla has committed to GT. They only give Clark a 1-star, but look at his list of offers; Michigan St, Ole Miss, etc. He does seem a little small & not that fast for a small guy, but big-time programs have already offered him, so maybe big-time Head Coaches know more than Insiders does.

GT has a new recruit
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There is a lot of conflicting information out there on this kid's speed. Apparently his game speed is much faster than the track speed timed at the Nike Camp...or maybe he just had a bad day that day. I have seen several articles where they said he was as fast as 4.45...and according to 'Florida Kids' he ran a 4.38 at the Gainesville Nike Camp. The 4.65 on Insiders could just be a typo.

Most schools recruiting him as a DB.

One way or the other...he is a great athlete and I am glad to have him in gold and white.

Offers from Michigan State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt.

Picked GT because of the engineering program and has a 3.0 GPA.

Lost some publicity this year as he transferred from University Christian to Mandarin.

I agree with you Hiver...I find it hard to believe he would be that well recruited if he had a true 4.65 speed time in the 40....Both he and James Johnson remind me of the Smith/Curry type to go along with HOPEFULLY a BIG reciver in C.Johnson...We have already have 2 tall ones in McGuire and Bilbo..I like the fact that Chan and Co. are going after some taller recievers..

It's a good day to be a Jacket.

I prefer skill players (cept QB) from Florida.

They haven't
blue.gif
disappointed me yet!!!!

HiverdTech,

Thanks for the info. You would have to be right. I also doubt we'd pursue a 4.65 corner. WR maybe. I ran a 4.6 as a high school WR and and nobody even thought about looking at me.

You almost have to be right about the typo.

Kelly Campbell had terrible combine times for the pros and now he's making an impact. I've got to believe Gailey knows what he's doing on this one.

Regardless of the accuracy of what we've read so far, I'm looking forward to seeing the kid play.

From what I have heard on this kid, he is absolutely amazing. The 4.65 time is from the Miami Nike camp, and it rained the entire time. I hear he is a legit 4.4.

Originally posted by GoldZ:
I'll take offers over stars any day. Those other HC's have a lot more to lose by being wrong than do the recruiting services. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Same here

The following is an excerpt from his head coach. The other receiver the coach is talking about, is rated the #2 receiver in the country.
"We went to the Bethune-Cookman 7-on-7 passing tournament, and he just super. Nobody could stop him. He wound up winning the MVP award. That kind of tells you something because Tony (Carter) was on the field, too.”

Speed is great, but show me what he does when the ball is in the air. A great WR needs to be able to adjust to the ball and take it away from the defense. When we have guys like that on the outside, our O will start to look like the days of Dez and Kelly and Joen.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Speed is great, but show me what he does when the ball is in the air. A great WR needs to be able to adjust to the ball and take it away from the defense. When we have guys like that on the outside, our O will start to look like the days of Dez and Kelly and Joen.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The recruiting analyst for the state of Florida said not only is speed a strength for this prospect, but he can catch too. He supposevly has great speed AND hands.

Back