New Football Division is Happening

The solution is simple. Treat Power 5 football (give or take a few programs) as its own entity and leave the rest of the NCAA alone. Sadly, Title IX won't allow that, I guess.

The solution is simple. Treat Power 5 football (give or take a few programs) as its own entity and leave the rest of the NCAA alone. Sadly, Title IX won't allow that, I guess.

I’m sure they could if they setup a legal arrangement correctly.

Hooo boy...

"There is no cap on the amount of funds that a program can provide an athlete."

The factory conference is being born. The sooner it happens the better.

What in the bloody hell does any of that even mean? Trust funds? But not "pay-for-play?" And but then Title IX?

What in the bloody hell does any of that even mean? Trust funds? But not "pay-for-play?" And but then Title IX?

It means it is as stupid as anything else they come up with and will make things worse because that's what they always do. I don't know if they are sincerely trying, but in the end it doesn't matter, the outcome will be the same.

The Title IX part is basically charity if they don't set aside football from that count.

They are very close to killing the golden goose. While these factory programs have big viewership and numbers, I think they underestimate how many people watch games to see teams that their team will play.
if they go to 30 programs in this new league, how many people outside of those programs just turn it off? Can they maintain if programs 31-130 just stop watching? Are there enough factory fans and non affiliated to keep the numbers up? I don’t think so. If tech wasn’t in this league I wouldn’t watch a minute of it. I already have paid players to watch, it’s called the NFL.

I'm stupid - i don't understand what all this means - Does it mean the school funds the players so we can use our roll call endowment to buy a team?

The NCAA saw what happened when they refused to even entertain NIL. The SC broke it wide open and now it completely out of their control.

The writing is on the wall that the same thing will happen with regard to schools paying players directly. So they are trying to get ahead of it and maintain some level of control while giving enough ground that a lawsuit won't reach the SC again.

I'm stupid - i don't understand what all this means - Does it mean the school funds the players so we can use our roll call endowment to buy a team?
ffd60ed4-5c38-42c4-9b30-7129c7ee2204_text.gif

Nobody understands what it means. Pretty sure that's the whole point. Think about it - NIL basically solved the problem the NCAA had of profiting without compensating. So what was the impetus for this? What/who is behind it? Well, Baker is unveiling it in Las Vegas so that's your first clue. You can obfuscate stuff and get away with it for a while but the flow of dollars will eventually illuminate who is pushing this and why.

Back