Monken Poll

Would a Monken hire be acceptable to you?

• Yes

Votes: 151 59.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
I've seen a number of people who seem fine with staying with the TO and going with Monken. I'm curious as to what percentage of ST'ers feel this way.

Private pole, so speak your mind.

It would be fine with me. The only negative would be fan reaction from those who didn't like CPJ and the TO, which would dull the excitement of a new hire.

I think he'd also have to win at least 8-9 games in the first year since he runs the same scheme. He would be on a very short leash for fans I would think.

Bohannon is doing well at KSU, whereas monken hasn't had as much success at Army.

Bohannon was our QB coach (coached nesbitt and tevin) who both were excellent at running the offense by their senior years.

Bohannon is doing well at KSU, whereas monken hasn't had as much success at Army.

Bohannon was our QB coach (coached nesbitt and tevin) who both were excellent at running the offense by their senior years.
What do you mean Monken hasn't had much success at Army? They're in the top 25 for the first time since 1996. He also ended the streak against Navy and has a chance to win 10 games this season. That sounds pretty successful to me.

This is such a moronic statement. Do five seconds of research and compare Army now to where they were when he got there

It's just Paul was the best to do it, so why downgrade? Just my opinion, but I also believe it's down to two people and thats Tony Elliott and Scott Satterfield that we are going to go after.

It is debatable whether Paul Johnson was the best to do it. Being the first doesn't make you the best. He was definitely good at it; but someone using the TO as a base offense and adding a few wrinkles can be better.

What do you mean Monken hasn't had much success at Army? They're in the top 25 for the first time since 1996. He also ended the streak against Navy and has a chance to win 10 games this season. That sounds pretty successful to me.

"as much" != "not much"

Bohannon's owls are ranked #2 in FCS currently and were in the quarterfinals last year. Monken wouldn't be a bad choice by any means...

Back