Michael Fisher a GT 6-2 QB Commit from..

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville,Tn. He is 6-2 190 lbs... Got the info. from OCSN (Official College News Network) The insiders on the Hive have not even mentioned him..Does anyone else have any more info. on him ? His Junior year he passed for over 2600 Yards and was Tenn.Super 7 Allstar..But i dont have any more info. than that...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville,Tn. He is 6-2 190 lbs... Got the info. from OCSN (Official College News Network) The insiders on the Hive have not even mentioned him..Does anyone else have any more info. on him ? His Junior year he passed for over 2600 Yards and was Tenn.Super 7 Allstar..But i dont have any more info. than that...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif

I remember people talking about a Baseball prospect.. I wonder why OCSN has him as a definte Football commit? Is there anything new about him playing Football?? 2600 passing yards is pretty good for just a Junior...

Fisher will come in on a baseball 'ship. Ergo, he must do 1 full season on that particular 'ship before he can tryout for other sports teams. Therefore, Fisher will not be eligible to participate in football during next Fall semester or Winter/Spring semester. He may then 'tryout' for the football team in the late summer of '05, if the baseball HC allows him to.
He may then change to football if the football HC deems him worthy of a football 'ship. Nowadays, most HCs don't like 2-sport players as the baseball player may get hurt playing football (& it interferes with Fall baseball practice) & the baseball interferes with Spring Training. Only serious 2-sport players get their coach's blessing to do this, i.e. Bo Jackson.

GTACE...Im willing to bet Chan is different than Oleary and his thinking here..ugag including Richt have always let them play multiple sports..Bill Curry did too...It was Ross and then Oleary the pupil that started that way of thinking here at GT...

We are recruiting a very good Running Back prospect in Drew Gause who is a very serious PRO baseball prospect..I bet if we sign him he also plays for our Baseball team....

A lot of coaches dont have a problem with it..Bowden has let his players do it i.e Charlie Ward....imho...

Gause could be the 'serious 2-sport player to get his coach's blessing' to do this. They don't hold back a true pro prospect in 2 sports, but it does hamper getting as far ahead in each sport as the player might have gotten in only 1 sport, i.e. Crosby @ Clemson.
wink.gif
Ward was a football/basketball which didn't interfere with Spring Training.

I think thats the main problem- baseball conflicts in the spring where basketball doesn't have anywhere near the same problem. I think it finally comes down to the player. If he wants to go pro he has to decide. Thats why, quite often, you see a player coming back after a few years in baseball to try to try a shot at football

Also, our baseball program is a top calibre team. If our baseball team wasn't so good, I'd could see him going out for football. But, I can't see us messing with the baseball program (getting someone hurt)

FYI guys, Montgomery Bell Academy was the high school bully in Tenessee FB this past season. Pierce was selected Mr. High School Football in the state of Tennessee. Don't know his stats, but he was a big deal; can't imagine him not playing such at Tech. Go Tech. Goldline.

first, Gailey has already made comments (last year) that 2-sport athletes are not made to pick necessarily, but the staff has to be aware of the sholly rules and implications

also, Crosby wasnt playing baseball at Clemson

he was already signed to a AAA team or something, that is different than playing 2 sports for the same university

btw- O'Leary let CJ Williams play hoops the senior year after his FB eligibility expired - and he pretty darn good - i wish he could have played all 4 yrs

Back